Quote notification emails sent dozens of times

Yesterday I replied to "Mods you can delete my account" and since then I've been getting notification emails that Robin2 has quoted me every few minutes. So far I have received 42 notification emails and they're still rolling in.

Notification emails continue unabated. Hundreds now.

Still getting notification emails. In the thousands now. I hope Google doesn't decide Arduino is DoS'ing my account.

And yet I haven't had a single notification since the upgrade.

Rob

Similar to tylernt,
I too get a buch of notification each morning to the thread titled 'Mega 2560 used to debug a 1978 S-100 Z80 system', topic number 'topic=273266.0'.

The notifications are all from the same user, user 69987 'robwlakes' who made one post to this topic early on in the discussion.

These notifications are false, as the user has made no further posts to this thread, they are 'ghost posts'.

I expect I will keep getting these dozen notifications until someone does something about sorting it out.

Like Rob, I get not one notification for any threads I have subscribed to and am not inclined to go seeking each day.

At this point, the upshot is that I'm quickly loosing interest in this forum due to the issues.

Paul

Thanks Paul glad I'm not the only one. The emails continue unabated today, still every ~6 minutes or so. Maybe I should start a new topic in this forum every 6 minutes until a mod notices. :stuck_out_tongue:

All a mod is going to do is hope that an admin will notice. . .

AWOL:
All a mod is going to do is hope that an admin will notice. . .

How does one get the attention of an admin?

tylernt:
How does one get the attention of an admin?

PM, usually.

tylernt:
Yesterday I replied to "Mods you can delete my account" and since then I've been getting notification emails that Robin2 has quoted me every few minutes. So far I have received 42 notification emails and they're still rolling in.

I notice that you have notifications turned on in your forum user preferences. Maybe turn that off.

Can you take a screenshot of some of these thousands of notifications in your email program? (Just the message heading would do). The admins may not believe you otherwise. Plus the date/time on them may help track it down.

The quote email notifications stopped at 1:49AM MDT this morning, yay! I also got a ton of "real" notifications about threads that really did have activity on them.

Thank you, whomever is responsible! :slight_smile: