RA8775

Hi,

I'm trying to use the adafruit library to work with a 800x480 5" display from Buydisplays and their RA8875 shield.

Going over the datasheet for the RA8875, it doesn't appear to have any kind of frame buffer, however it has two "layers" that you can draw to, and then presumably switch like a pseudo frame buffer.

I don't know much about displays or the libraries to run them... Is it possible with the adafruit library to dray to the inactive layer and then switch it to the foreground to avoid flickering? I'm trying to make a nice looking GUI for my device and was hoping for a little more robust drawing capabilities with the RA8875 but maybe my understanding is just lacking...

I noticed the RA8876 has a frame buffer built in but there are no boards or shields or libraries for that chip so I guess that's a no-go as well.

Thanks for any help!

Try this link I think it has the driver you need: GitHub - sumotoy/RA8875: A library for RAiO RA8875 display driver for Teensy3.x or LC/Arduino's/Energia/Spark
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Interesting! looks like a much more powerful library, and there are examples for layers as well. Thanks, Gil!