Radio Control

Hello

I am planning a drone that i want to build using arduino. Is their anyway I can talk and send live video between the drone and ground station from 30 - 40 miles away. :)

Thanks for any help!

Live video is far beyond the capacity of an Arduino. You will need to ask on some other Forum.

...R

I'm think that your question would be more appropriate for an RC forum. My understanding is that the FCC and FAA (and likely Homeland) have strict rules in the U.S.A. and I would expect similar laws to exist in most countries.

From this to this?

Get real. Get legal.

I want one too but i like my life better on this side of the jail cell. And they big on how faraway you can be 40 miles and you sending video to fly this you'd be locked up for more then you could name.

If it weighs less than 250 grams... then yes. Or if it is big enough to be seen without binoculars at 30 miles while weighing less than 55 pounds... then yes again. But don't fly over 400 feet.

You're best bet for video is looking at FPV equipment. There are a variety of frequencies and powered systems to use, with a multitude of antenna combinations. You can get very long range systems with the right setup but I strongly recommend finding out your countries laws before purchasing any equipment! The RC forums would be a good place to ask.

Is their anyway I can talk and send live video

Have the drone carry a cell phone running Skype.

It would take pretty outstanding flying skills to hover in front of the other person’s face, 40 miles away.

And the prop noise might make conversation difficult.

Use 1.3GHz for long range video.
What country are you in?

A great RC forum is RCGroups.com.

jremington:
It would take pretty outstanding flying skills to hover in front of the other person’s face, 40 miles away.

Use GPS hold and altitude hold. The DJI Phantom 4 stays rock-solid.
Or lower the phone on a cable.