RadioShack Robotic

Hi all…I have built the “walker” from Radio Shack’s Robotic starter kit. I can download the zip file from GitHub, but when I attempt to add the library using the “add zip file” option I get the following message:

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

The library “2770406-Robotics-Starter-Kit-master” cannot be used.
Library names must contain only basic letters and numbers.
(ASCII only and no spaces, and it cannot start with a number)

I then re-named it removing the numbers, the “-” and the 'master, but I continue to get the same message as if it doesn’t even recognize the fact that I re-named it.

Then… I download the zip file and extract it. And when I go to “verify” the “walk” file in the “examples” I get the following message:

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Users\Evan\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_RoboticsStarterKit.zip\2770406-Robotics-Starter-Kit-master\Example sketches\walk\walk.ino:22:49: fatal error: RadioShackRobotics.h: No such file or directory

#include<RadioShackRobotics.h> //include library

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I can find the “RadioShackRobotics.h” file in the library files…so…I’m totally confused right now.
I have read the install directions over and over and cannot figured out what I’m not doing correctly. Any help that you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I then re-named it

it is a pronoun with no referent. We have no idea what you renamed. Your first born daughter, for all we know.

The program is looking for library files named RadioShackRobotics.h and RadioShackRobotics.cpp

Put those in the same folder as one of the example .ino files and see if that compiles. You may need to change the example .ino file to read

#include “RadioShackRobotics.h”

instead of

#include <RadioShackRobotics.h>

Thank you very much for the help; I appreciate it. I will give it a try.

Yes, thank you for the help. It was very useful to actually reply in a substantive manner.