Rambo board build IDE error

Warning: Board rambo:cores:mega2560 doesn’t define a ‘build.board’ preference. Auto-set to: CORES_MEGA2560

Background Info: Attached is “Rambo” folder from my printers MFG. Using Arudino IDE Ver 1.8.7 and Merlin 2.0.x. Having trouble deciphering the error message as to what files are involved and where to define "build.Board.

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H
#define CONFIGURATION_H

// This configuration file contains the basic settings.
// Advanced settings can be found in Configuration_adv.h
// BASIC SETTINGS: select your board type, temperature sensor type, axis scaling, and endstop configuration

//===========================================================================
//============================= DELTA Printer ===============================
// For a Delta printer replace the configuration files with the files in the
// example_configurations/delta directory.
//

// User-specified version info of this build to display in [Pronterface, etc] terminal window during
// startup. Implementation of an idea by Prof Braino to inform user that any changes made to this
// build by the user have been successfully uploaded into firmware.
#define STRING_VERSION_CONFIG_H __DATE__ " " __TIME__ // build date and time
#define STRING_CONFIG_H_AUTHOR "(none, default config)" // Who made the changes.

// SERIAL_PORT selects which serial port should be used for communication with the host.
// This allows the connection of wireless adapters (for instance) to non-default port pins.
// Serial port 0 is still used by the Arduino bootloader regardless of this setting.
#define SERIAL_PORT 10

// This determines the communication speed of the printer
// This determines the communication speed of the printer
#define BAUDRATE 250000

// This enables the serial port associated to the Bluetooth interface
//#define BTENABLED              // Enable BT interface on AT90USB devices

/
#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
#define MOTHERBOARD  Rambo
#endif

// Define this to set a custom name for your generic Mendel,
#define CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME "This is Bertha"

// Define this to set a unique identifier for this printer, (Used by some programs to differentiate between machines)
// You can use an online service to generate a random UUID. (eg http://www.uuidgenerator.net/version4)
// #define MACHINE_UUID "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"

// This defines the number of extruders
#define EXTRUDERS 1

//// The following define selects which power supply you have. Please choose the one that matches your setup
// 1 = ATX
// 2 = X-Box 360 203Watts (the blue wire connected to PS_ON and the red wire to VCC)

#define POWER_SUPPLY 1

// Define this to have the electronics keep the power supply off on startup. If you don't know what this is leave it.
// #define PS_DEFAULT_OFF

//=============================Thermal Settings  ============================
//
//--NORMAL IS 4.7kohm PULLUP!-- 1kohm pullup can be used on hotend sensor, using correct resistor and table
//

boards.txt (656 Bytes)

Arduino.h (5.59 KB)

main.cpp (202 Bytes)

gjhuff1:
Warning: Board rambo:cores:mega2560 doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: CORES_MEGA2560

This is only a warning. It's not an error. You can safely ignore it because it will never cause any problems.

So if it's only that warning, then everything is fine and you can go back to having fun with your 3D printer!

If there is a real error, you'll need to provide detailed information about it before we can help you.

After reading the Platform Specifications once again I think I have some version clashes, Never a dull moment. Thank you for the timely response, I really enjoy this board group.

You're welcome. I'm wishing you a speedy resolution to your version clashes!

Regards, Per

# See: http://code.google.com/p/arduino/wiki/Platforms

##############################################################

mega2560.name=RAMBo

mega2560.upload.protocol=wiring
mega2560.upload.maximum_size=258048
mega2560.upload.speed=115200

mega2560.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
mega2560.bootloader.high_fuses=0xD8
mega2560.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xFD
mega2560.bootloader.path=stk500v2
mega2560.bootloader.file=stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex
mega2560.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
mega2560.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

mega2560.build.mcu=atmega2560
mega2560.build.f_cpu=16000000L
mega2560.build.core=arduino
mega2560.build.variant=standard

#################################################################################################################

Warning: Board rambo:cores:mega2560 doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: CORES_MEGA2560
Warning: Board rambo:variants:mega2560 doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: VARIANTS_MEGA2560
recipe.preproc.macros pattern is missing

######################################################################################################################
I am suspect that a file is missing ?  Where should I find "recipe.preproc.macros pattern"? these core files are from 2016
and think I may need an older version to compile them.  Have read  http://code.google.com/p/arduino/wiki/Platforms.......... Still lost

The first thing I need to tell you is that http://code.google.com/p/arduino/wiki/Platforms is extremely outdated. That page is only of archaelogical value. For any other purposes, please use the modern Arduino Platform Specification document here:
Platform specification - Arduino CLI

Please post a link to where you found these files.

The boards.txt file is from the hardware vendor, others are from Arduino v1.87

If you won’t provide the requested information, we can’t help you.

??? The file are on my hard drive,, they came from a third party vendor, I am not sure just what you need in order to help me. That is how new I am to all this. Please be patience ith me, I bruise easily.

How did you get the files from the third party vendor?

Why is that so important? is there some kind of rule violation here or what. For the record I asked for them and there were emailed to me. Please advise..

It's important because I can't see the files on your computer so I have no way of knowing how to help you.

I could ask you to post the files on your computer, but we already know they are broken, so I would have to unravel whatever mess you've made.

Presumably, the third party vendor provided files and instructions, which if followed correctly, will result in working software. So it's much easier for me to look at their files and instructions and then either help you understand them (I'm pretty good at making complex instructions easier to understand), or else finding the parts of the instructions that are either wrong or outdated.

It's likely that it would be very easy for me to help you if I only had the information I needed. The only difficult part is convincing you to provide that information.

I understand and appreciate your efforts here very much. The vendor is not so forth coming however.
Nomally they only provide machine code. (HEX) This printer is one of their first and they no longer have a copy of the files used before they made hardware changes. to make matters worse they lock eeprom access so one can not configure their code. Makes me angry as everything they do os under open source and I am sure this is a Violation. That said I am stuck with a very expensive piece of hardware that is not even a good paper weight. To answer your question more precisely I only received a board.txt file and a core file with header and .cpp files. I can give you a copy if that helps.