Ramen noodles

cook two packets of oriental flavor noodles with a bunch of mini pepperoni, then drain. add in spicy cheese dip, and crushed cool ranch Doritos, for crunch and flavor.

then eat :smiley:

Mmmmm, good.

~Travis

And wash it down with a Vegemite milkshake. A superb way to end the year.

The lord and savory would be proud of you eating such a holy dish. Especially during the period of Holiday.

Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. Ramen.

I prefer "spicy peanut sauce" (peanut butter, soy sauce, siracha, water)
Cheap ramen are pretty good food (and quick), if you throw away the "package of slightly flavored salt and msg"

Crumpets, spread with vegemite and a poached egg on top. yummy..

Tom.... :slight_smile:

travis_farmer:
i google vegemite, and i don't think it would be my favorite :wink:

Too much Unami for my taste

It is umami.
I have to google for Vegemite also. :o

Lol, didn't think so many people have not heard of Vegemite.

Although I think I remember America banning it because of salt... Or maybe because it doesn't come deep fried and rolled in sugar.

Used to eat that stuff by the spoonful.

Heh, we know yeast spread but only home made, not as commercial product. Vegemite is specific of Australia, isn't it (Wikipedia)? :slight_smile:

Hi,

Budvar10:
Heh, we know yeast spread but only home made, not as commercial product. Vegemite is specific of Australia, isn't it (Wikipedia)? :slight_smile:

Yes, I have tasted Promite and Marmite but they just don't compare to the taste of Vegimite.

TomGeorge:
Hi,Yes, I have tasted Promite and Marmite but they just don't compare to the taste of Vegimite.

Never compared the two but marmite i find to be very salty. Apart from that used sparingly it would be palatable.

Budvar10:

I had something similar i think from an eastern european delicatessen once which i found quite pleasant.
Not sure what it was called though.

Budvar10:

Yes... as the jar says since 1923.

It is also halal certified.
Tom... :slight_smile:

Boardburner2:
I had something similar i think from an eastern european delicatessen once which i found quite pleasant.
Not sure what it was called though.

? no idea

@TomGeorge
B vitamins, ha? We drink B vitamins daily - see my nick! For vitality of course.

But our Vitamin B is for VITALITY... Who ever she is?

Just found out our local noodle factory makes Ramen noodles, and exports them.

TomGeorge:
Hi,Yes, I have tasted Promite and Marmite but they just don't compare to the taste of Vegimite.

Vegemite was on the shelves in London's Earls court in the 1970s, thanks to the large Aussie and Kiwi back-packing community. Vegemite started popping up outside of London after it was popularised by the 1981 Men At Work hit, Down Under.

The original British Marmite has been in production since the early 1900s, orginally a byproduct of the brewing industry in Burton upon Trent, and the taste is distinctly different to Vegemite. The Marmite available in Australia and the Pacific is made under license (in New Zealand IIRC) and tastes nothing like the British variety. Clearly, the robust flavour of the orginal British Marmite needed to be watered down for the namby, pamby, lager swilling Aussies [1].

[1] Some years ago the word 'Marmite' was absorbed into the English language; meaning roughly, the description of a contentious statement which polarises the audience.

Hi,

Vegemite was on the shelves in London's Earls court in the 1970s, thanks to the large Aussie and Kiwi back-packing community. Vegemite started popping up outside of London after it was popularised by the 1981 Men At Work hit, Down Under.

I believe you could by it in caterers packs, big drum so you could trowel it on. :slight_smile:

To all you warm beer swilling poms. :stuck_out_tongue:

My dad could sing the Ovaltiney's Song

Dad was a 10 pound pom.

TomGeorge:
But our Vitamin B is for VITALITY... Who ever she is?

Not sure , but she lives less than 3 miles from my house. :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Yes... as the jar says since 1923.
It is also halal certified.

Is Vegemite not a byproduct of the brewing industry?
If it is, I can't see how it's Halal, as Muslims are forbidden alcohol.

MattS-UK:
[1] Some years ago the word 'Marmite' was absorbed into the English language; meaning roughly, the description of a contentious statement which polarises the audience.

That comes from one of their advertising slogans: "Either you love it or you hate it."
But that is a fallacy of the excluded middle.

Henry_Best:
Is Vegemite not a byproduct of the brewing industry?
If it is, I can't see how it's Halal, as Muslims are forbidden alcohol.

Yes, they got it halal in 2010, yet it is banned from Victoria State Prisons because you can brew the yeast to make alcohol.
Its Kosher as well.

Is Vegemite kosher?
Vegemite has been certified kosher for more than a decade. When Kraft decided to scrap kosher Vegemite production in 2004, the backlash from Jewish consumers forced the company to do a backflip.

Yes. Marmite was in Australia before Vegemite, but when the electric toaster arrived Vegemite sales increased then WW2 it was supplied to the troops because of its concentrated nature.

TomGeorge:
Yes, they got it halal in 2010, yet it is banned from Victoria State Prisons because you can brew the yeast to make alcohol.

Seems daft.
The extraction process uses high salt concentrations to destroy the cell walls.
Very low sugar contenet as well.