Random Thot Thread

Programming something and have a strange thot/probem pop into your head? Post it here and we’ll laugh at you. Or, atleast i will…

I noticed there was a “.” on my screen write before “byte” that i thought might be causing a compiler error. So i kept trying to delete the period. Finally, i realized it was a piece of dirt on my screen :0/

THOUGHT ?

…R

nah. These are for the dumber ones.

Hahahahaha this is why spelling is important

I love the spel cheque function... :o

Tom.. :)

coding would be a lot faster if the arduino ide had a spell check function. I was using a lot of the word receive, but wrote it recieve.

then I got a lot of strange errors "not declared in this scope" bullshit. ITS RIGHT THERE COMPILER ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK.

it threw me off cause when I spell something wrong in word I get a red squiggly line...

Qdeathstar: I was using a lot of the word receive, but wrote it recieve.

not gonna lie, I do this so many times lmao.

Hi, I pause everytime I print receive , to to make sure I'm right. Sometimes a mindblock.................... :o

Tom... :)

Qdeathstar: I was using a lot of the word receive, but wrote it recieve.

'I' before 'E' but not after 'C' when the sound is "eeee"

...R

Robin2: 'I' before 'E' but not after 'C' when the sound is "eeee"

...R

woahhh

seize

TomGeorge: seize

I before E's except in C's (seize)?

Hi,

http://alt-usage-english.org/I_before_E.html

Exceptions with "ei" or "ie" pronounced as in "species" or "seize": For those people who insist the rule apply only to words where the digraph has the /i:/ ("ee") sound, and excluding words ending in "cies", here is a list of words that have at least one accepted pronunciation with the /i:/ sound: caffeine, casein, codeine, deil (Scots, devil), disseize, either, geisha, inveigle, keister (slang, buttocks), keister, leisure, monteith, neither, obeisance, phenolphthalein, phthalein, protein, seize, seizin, sheik, sheila (Australian slang for "girl", not capitalized), specie, species, teiid

It gets complicated, only in the English language, cos its Open Source! ! ! ! :o

Tom... :)

ouch.

What I learned today:

A 3.3v switching regulator won't output 3.3v if you hook 5v to both sides of the regulator. Neither will your shiney new 7" TFT display. Didn't let the smoke out but I heard quite a loud whine as its life was snuffed out.

playing electronics is expensive. :(