Raspberry Pi Zero cheaper than Arduino Nano

In my country i get official Rpi zeroes for 10$ (Official Reseller), up to 30$, while official Nanos start at 20$, and are priced up to 50$. How comes that?
Aren't the components of a Pi much more expensive than those of an Arduino? Why is the Arduino priced so high? Also both the developpers of Pi and Arduino make great software.

I think this is really a pity, because when i started out with the arduino, 20$ was a lot for me, and it will be for a lot of other starters. I did not know the potential of such a device, and neither did my parents, so i did not know how well it was worth the investment. Also as a beginner, you should be guided for the original version, to avoid the complications with the counterfit models.

I think a fair price for an Arduino would be at something like 8-15$, but anything more is not really justifiable, and does not conform with their statement here: A new era for Arduino begins today | Arduino Blog

I know that the Raspberry Pi Fundation is a charity organisation, but a price in that range should still have a sufficient margin for the Arduino Company to survive. What do you think, and what can be done about that?

I think a fair price for an Arduino would be at something like 8-15$

What do you mean by “fair”? If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.

what can be done about that

Build your own for less than $15. That’ll teach them.

I’d like to buy a Bugatti Veyron but I can’t afford to pay over $2 million. I think a fair price would be in the $15,000-30,000 range. They’ll be sure to drop the price now.

Pete

XaveJohnson:
while official Nanos start at 20$, and are priced up to 50$. How comes that?

The Arduino designs are Open Source so other manufacturers are perfectly entitled to make and market clones. As the schematics are available you could even make your own.

I have a few genuine Arduinos but all of my finished projects are made using Atmega 328 microprocessors on pieces of strip-board. And I have a few projects using Attiny1634 MCUs because I don't even have space for the stripboard.

...R

You can pick clones up of Arduinos at a fraction of the price.
It is in supporting the original manufacturer you show your support.

Some of us show it by occasionally buying real boards as well as clones and some also do other things such as support people in other areas such as this.

Even some Pi's can be had as clones

You are confusing cost with value. Or rather, perceived value.

While a Raspberry Pi and an Arduino appear similar, they fill different needs.