Raspberry pi

I have no access to a full pc I only use my raspberry pi b+ to program can I use it to program a arduino uno r3 to build a basic robot

There are two separate questions in that.

Is it possible to run the Arduino IDE on an RPi and upload a program to an Arduino? I don't have an RPi but I think it is possible.

And

Are you able to create a program that will control a robot? I have no idea. But I'm sure you can learn.

...R

The thing is It does have arduino ide but it's an earlier version

You can install the latest version of the Arduino IDE on your Raspberry Pi. I use my RPi with the Arduino IDE all the time and it works great! You want the "Linux ARM" download from here:

Be aware that if you install the Arduino IDE via "apt install arduino" or using Snap, you end up with an outdated and possibly modified unofficial version of the Arduino IDE. For this reason, I recommend always downloading the official Arduino IDE from the link above.

chrislittler1234:
The thing is It does have arduino ide but it's an earlier version

You have not told us what version you do have.

It is not necessary to have the very latest version - however if it is as old as 1.0.XXX I would upgrade

...R

pert:
Be aware that if you install the Arduino IDE via “apt install arduino” or using Snap, you end up with an outdated and possibly modified unofficial version of the Arduino IDE. For this reason, I recommend always downloading the official Arduino IDE from the link above.

It is most annoying that most Linux repositories do not seem to be kept in any way current for Arduino. The version presently offered is “2:1.0.5+dfsg2-4.1” - whatever that is!

Here's the explanation for those being stuck back on the equivalent of Arduino IDE 1.0.5:

Some people have just decided to not worry about the licensing issue and went ahead and published their own packages, but then those people don't bother to keep them updated (or provide any support when they broke something). The most recent one is a Snap package by mhall1119 but it's already >1 year out of date. I've said that Arduino needs to just start maintaining an official package but that didn't seem to get much traction. It seems like it would actually help them out in the end. Not only due to less support issues and customer frustration, but also because it would save them the server bandwidth of everyone downloading the Linux IDE from this website.

Yes the version you get with the Pi will program the Uno, newer versions mainly add recently interoduced boards which there have been a lot of recently.