RC CAR CONVERSION ???

I am in the process of arduino'ng a cool 1:10 scale off-road truck my son got fpr xmas, but lost remote.I have been building rc helis for awhile now, but new to arduino. I have an ard uno, yen, esplora, and mega as well as seeedstudio-motor shieldx2 , gprs, xbee x2, relay, tft screens x2, Lan shields.

Is there a way to use the 9.5v car battery pack to power the car and arduino?

Also use the esplora to control the car, maybe even mount a tft touchscreen and cam on truck to get fpv.
I've been looking all over the web and can't find anything to help me.
Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

SSumnerJR:
Is there a way to use the 9.5v car battery pack to power the car and arduino?

Maybe I'm missing something, but why don't you just take that 9.5V from the battery to the Arduino jack, in parallel with the motor? (It can take 7-12VDC.)

your battery can run an arduino with its own regulator through the jack. Keep in mind, a servo like you would find in a rc truck will use 200-500ma or more. i use a l7805 thats good up to 1.5 amps and run arduino and servo from that. Your trucks original esc might also have a 5 volt bec that could supply enough current.

edit: if you even have a servo you want to control from the arduino. I know you didn't ask but it was a hurdle i came across arduinofying a truck.

Get a 5V power regulator from an automotive 12V USB adaptor. You can find them for $2.00 Then run your arduino and servos off of that...

Any hardware ideas on hardware controlling using a uno on car w xbee shield and camera board and control with a esplora w/ xbee shield and tft for view