I am learning Arduino and I do have a concern when dealing with AC motors.
With an Arduino UNO R3 I want to control through 3 relays (5V/12V 1 Een Kanaal Relaismodule Laag Niveau Voor Scm Huishoudelijke Apparaten Controle Voor Arduino Diy kit|one channel relay module|channel relaylevel relay - AliExpress) following devices:
- Garden pump (https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B01NAFFQCU/ref=pe_19967891_404437601_TE_item)
- Circulation pump (5 Watt, 220V)
- Motorized valve (https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/AC220v-DC12V-2-way-motorized-ball-valve-electric-actuator-for-underfloor-heat/273799467562)
I read about voltage spikes, backward current...
A wonderful man, who answered all my questions, said the solution was not a diode (DC), but an RC Snubber. I do want to know what RC snubber would be my best choice. On AliExpress I found two common types:
- Rc Absorptie/Snubbercircuit Module Relaiscontact Bescherming Weerstand Surge L29K|Relays| - AliExpress
- Gratis Verzending!!! Solenoid Inductieve Belasting Rc Circuit/Snubbercircuit Relaiscontact Bescherming/Elektronische Component|electronic components|component electronicprotection circuit - AliExpress
(1) Which snubber module would be okay?
(2) Do I put RC Snubbers in parallel with each pump and the motorized valve?
(3) Also I would like to know if RC Snubbers would also work for a DC solenoid valve, for which I am using now a flyback diode?
(4) Apparently the relay module can also generate backward current (magnet), but it is protected well with the onboard circuit, right?
I ask many question, but I really want to understand...
Kind regards and thank you for your time.