RC Transmitter PPM module

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction as i have been googling and searching the forum for far too long

I am wanting to convert an old rc transmitter to 2.4ghz , i have a RF module that takes in a PPM signal , so i am looking for a code that will take the 8 inputs that are available ( 6 pots and 2 switches) and convert there signals into a single PPM stream that then will go to the RF module

Im sure someone else has already done this somewhere but for some reason i can not find it anywhere

If anyone knows of such code and where its available please let me know

Did you try Google? "ppm Arduino" turned up this example:

yea been looking everywhere ,

i wouldnt know how to add the inputs ect to that code ,

was hoping for a ready done code , there are loads that use the NRF modules but cant find any that output a PPM signal for use with a regular RC JR style RF module

Your code would receive values over the radio, convert them to servo control pulse lengths (typically 1000 to 2000), and put them into this array:

/*this array holds the servo values for the ppm signal
 change theese values in your code (usually servo values move between 1000 and 2000)*/
int ppm[CHANNEL_NUMBER];

Think i will just give up on the whole idea

Thank you anyway

I am curious why you do not want to use the existing PPM signal from your old RC transmitter, disconnect it from it's HF circuit and connect it to the PPM input of your 4.4GHz module. At least that's what I did with an old transmitter last year. No Arduino required.

the transmitter i got is a basic toy one with no PPM signal , just has a blob chip , i gutted the board out of it and want to turn the case into a useful transmitter :slight_smile:

I built this one a few years ago.

It worked fine, until I smoked the NANO by dropping my metal screwdriver in it :frowning:

i did see that one , but couldnt get the code to verify or upload , just kept getting errors i couldnt solve ,

will give it another try when i saved up for a new nano ( i did same , shorted mine out on a piece of wire that was loose on my bench :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.