RC1 - File/Save As closes the file

Using rc1, if I use File/Save as I am prompted whether I want to close the file.

Regardless as to whether I reply Yes or No the file is not saved with the name I give it.

This does not happen with beta 12

Going all the way back to the "Pro" IDE days, there has been a similar bug that occurs with "Save As..." when the sketch is in an unsaved state:

But that issue occurs just the same with 2.0.0-beta.12 as with 2.0.0-rc1 so you must be experiencing something different.

Please provide instructions I can follow to reproduce the issue.

A quick test shows that the problem is not occurring at the moment.

I found the "Save As" problem when experimenting with Auto Format by putting a .clang-format file in the sketch directory, which worked. However, this morning, using the same .clang-format file, Auto Formatting is not working so I am suspicious that the two are connected in some way

I will try again later

OK, please let us know if you find any unreported problems with either.

I am finding that the auto format is working significantly better now. There has even been quite a bit more work on the Arduino Language Server since the time of the Arduino IDE 2.0.0-rc1 release, so I think the next IDE release will be even better.

I will, of course, let you know of any problems that I come across. To be clear, when I say that Auto Format is not working I mean exactly that, not that it is just ignoring the format specification in .clang-format file in the sketch folder

Report: rc1-nightly.20211207:

When Save as, close board connection -- > "no board selected"
屏幕截图 2021-12-07 175941

Thanks @greatelec. This is a known bug, tracked here: