RC522 detected but card reading is impossible with Mega or Nano.

Hi from France Arduino comunity,

I want to program a tag with an RFID-RC522 but i have a problem... I used the miguelbalboa MCRF522 library and the example dumpinfo for try to test the RFID-RC522.

After Uplaod the DumpInfo.ino on my arduino board (Mega 2560 or Nano), i can read the FW version, but it's impossible to detect the card.

I try this on 3.3V of Arduino and with an external power source, but it's the same.

Please help me to find the problem and resolved it.

• OS version: Windows 10
  • Arduino IDE version: 1.8.2
  • MFRC522 Library version: 1.3.5
  • Arduino device: Arduino Mega 2560 or Nano
  • MFRC522 device: RFID-RC522 V2.0

Thanks in advance for you help.

Best regards

Festival2l

If you want help you should upload the sketch you are using and show us how you got it wired up.

Sure,

|500x472

|500x375

|500x375

|500x375

Thanks for you'r help.

What is the card you are tying to read?

I used the card delevery with the RC552 board; an NFC 13.56 MHz card.

I'm trying to re-associated all the way with the correct pin on arduino. For example the SS pin on the RC552 with the SS pin on arduino, the MOSI with MOSI etc...

But it's the same problem.

I try to used the V1.6.11 of IDE, no result.

I have reset to zero my computer, no result again.

Why are you not using an example sketch? You modified the example. Try to use one from the examples from the library.

It's the same problem with the example sketch and wiring associated. This is the reason why I try other wiring. With no result too.

I noticed that the RC552 SDA pin is not associated with the Arduino SDA pinout. I try to associated the two with no result again. I try to associated with the arduinon SS pin out, same result.

I have try again with exemple after that, it's always the same result.

Mosi > 51 Miso > 50 SCK > 52 SS > Whatever you want (define in code) Reset > Whatevery you want (define in code) 3v > 3V Ground > Ground

Try example ReadNUID

It should work

No result.

you can see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga8TAU1iws0

I order an arduino UNO and a Shield PN532 NFC RFID. I may have a problem with my arduino board.

Festival2l: No result.

you can see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga8TAU1iws0

I order an arduino UNO and a Shield PN532 NFC RFID. I may have a problem with my arduino board.

Its probably a bad rfid reader, a bad card or bad wires.

Can you hook it up without using a breadboard?

I doubt it's your Arduino itself.

I have try with this type of cable, but it's always the same problem.

|500x375

I also wait for a 3.3V regulator, it may be that or my board.

I will keep you informed, but if you have any other ideas.