RDM880 rfid reader

Hi,

I have bought RDM880 rfid reader/writer modules and am trying to use them with my arduino Mega. Everything is working fine and i am capable of reading RFID serial numbers from the tags. However when i want to use commands specified in the datasheet it is not working.

The command i am trying to use is reading and halting the card/tags serial number.

command: 0xAA 0x00 0x03 0x25 0x26 0x01 0x01 0xBB

Anyone has experienced these issues with these modules?

Thanks in advance

How have you connected the module to the Arduino?

Show us the code you're using!

Where do you have the command sequence from? If I get the information from here: Bus Pirate fun – RDM880 RFID module you're command sequence means executing the halt command. Why do you want to do that? What are you trying to achieve?

Thanks for ur reaction, here is more information

Q: How have you connected the module to the Arduino?

A: I connected the module this way:
5v arduino <-> power module
GND arduino <-> GND module
Rx arduino <-> Tx module
Tx arduino <-> Rx module.

Q: Show us the code you're using!

A: This is not the real code but works in a similair way

byte command[] = {0xAA ,0x00, 0x03, 0x25, 0x26, 0x01, 0x01, 0xBB}
void setup()
{
    Serial.begin(115200);
    Serial1.begin(9200);
    for(int i =0; i < sizeof(command); i++)
    {
        Serial1.write(command[i]);
    }
}

void loop()
{

}

void serialEvent1()
{
    while(Serial1.available() > 0)
    {
         Serial.write(Serial1.read());
    }
}

Q: Where do you have the command sequence from?

A: The command sequence i got from the documentation at http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=13.56Mhz_RFID_module_-_IOS/IEC_14443_type_a

Q: Why do you want to do that? What are you trying to achieve?

A: I wish to execute the halt command to stop the module from detecting the same tag over and over again while it is in the modules reading range, So that other tags can be read too.

Serial1.begin(9200);

This probably won't work very well.

Everything is working fine

Show us the code that is working fine.

However when i want to use commands specified in the datasheet it is not working.

What does "not working" mean? Do you get nothing back? Do you get garbage back? Do you get unexpected card numbers?
Have you tried the command without executing the halt command (replace 0x01 by 0x00 in your command sequence)? Where did you get your definition of what "HALT" means? According to the ISO14443-3 standard (http://www.waazaa.org/download/fcd-14443-3.pdf) halt means the card stops it's activity and reacts only to WAKE-UP commands anymore. In my interpretation this is not your intended action. All cards treated that way may have to be reactivated with a wake-up command.

This probably won't work very well.

Why does it not?

Show us the code that is working fine.

The code i posted is correct, but i removed the include lines

What does "not working" mean? Do you get nothing back? Do you get garbage back? Do you get unexpected card numbers?

Not working means i DO get the serialnumber but the halt command is not executed

Why does it not?

Because the module is probably sending at 9600 baud and not 9200 baud.

Everything is working fine and i am capable of reading RFID serial numbers from the tags.

This quote from your first post implies that you have code that works perfectly with your reader. Show us that code!

Not working means i DO get the serialnumber but the halt command is not executed

What do you expect the halt to do? Have you read my comment to the halt command?