Re: 3 phase induction motor control

I need help. I am trying to control the speed of a 3 phase motor and VFD with an Arduino uno using a pushbutton. I need help with the code I'm trying to increment from 0 Hz to 60 hz and then decrement back to 0 Hz.

Hi, I'm having trouble coming up with the code required to control the speed of a 3 phase motor with an Arduino Uno. I"m trying to use a pushbutton as the input to increment the speed the motor from 0Hz to 60Hz and then decrement back to 0Hz. I need some help guys.

HI guys I need help with a project. I am using Arduino Uno. How can I control the speed of a three phase motor using a pushbutton input. The speed is to increment from 0 Hz to 60 Hz and then decrement back to 0 Hz.

What kind of motor drive do you have or are planning to use? That would be the Arduino’s job to drive THAT interface. Hopefully you aren’t suggesting you will build your own.

On this Forum, "help" means you go first with what you've got so far, then ask for specifics on what doesn't work or what you don't understand.

So.... over to you to go first with schematics and code.

And btw the fact that you have 3 threads going on this is going to get you modded. (This and one other new thread, plus an old thread you tacked on to.... :angry: )

@bs954, do not cross-post. Threads merged.

hello , i worke with this idea , i have my schematics and my code but the problems i can't control the fréquence , this my my projet can you give me some help ?

The poster wants to control a VFD, not drive a 3-phase bridge.

So far we appear to be waiting for the poster to provide any details about the VFD
and its interface, such as a model number or datasheet. There's nothing to
say until we know what the thing actually is.

Hi, to help you we will need to know what make and model of VSD you have so that we can advise you on how to connect and control it from an Arduino.
Your VSD may have a digital-potentiometer function, that is you setup two inputs as up and down and with each pulsed input the pot increments up or down your reference speed.
They usually have an analog output to represent speed or frequency, you can use this to monitor the VSD.

Tom...... :slight_smile:

MarkT:
The poster wants to control a VFD, not drive a 3-phase bridge.

So far we appear to be waiting for the poster to provide any details about the VFD
and its interface, such as a model number or datasheet. There's nothing to
say until we know what the thing actually is.

oki me too i like to work for this projet , what ideas or advices can give me ?