RE: computer date and time to arduino serial monitor

Hello all,

I am new to arduino. And I want to get computer date and time to arduino serial monitor without external device. Tried example program in the arduino but it is not compiling. And some times error message is like "exit status 1 The 'BYTE' keyword is no longer supported". please if anyone out there know how to get date and time from computer to serial monitor help me. if there is any working code and library please post the comment. And the below code is what i used.

Thank you.

#include <Time.h>  

#define TIME_MSG_LEN  11   // time sync to PC is HEADER followed by unix time_t as ten ascii digits
#define TIME_HEADER  'T'   // Header tag for serial time sync message
#define TIME_REQUEST  7    // ASCII bell character requests a time sync message 

void setup()  {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  setSyncProvider( requestSync);  //set function to call when sync required
  Serial.println("Waiting for sync message");
}

void loop(){    
  if(Serial.available() ) 
  {
    processSyncMessage();
  }
  if(timeStatus()!= timeNotSet)   
  {
    digitalWrite(13,timeStatus() == timeSet); // on if synced, off if needs refresh  
    digitalClockDisplay();  
  }
  delay(1000);
}

void digitalClockDisplay(){
  // digital clock display of the time
  Serial.print(hour());
  printDigits(minute());
  printDigits(second());
  Serial.print(" ");
  Serial.print(day());
  Serial.print(" ");
  Serial.print(month());
  Serial.print(" ");
  Serial.print(year()); 
  Serial.println(); 
}

void printDigits(int digits){
  // utility function for digital clock display: prints preceding colon and leading 0
  Serial.print(":");
  if(digits < 10)
    Serial.print('0');
  Serial.print(digits);
}

void processSyncMessage() {
  // if time sync available from serial port, update time and return true
  while(Serial.available() >=  TIME_MSG_LEN ){  // time message consists of a header and ten ascii digits
    char c = Serial.read() ; 
    Serial.print(c);  
    if( c == TIME_HEADER ) {       
      time_t pctime = 0;
      for(int i=0; i < TIME_MSG_LEN -1; i++){   
        c = Serial.read();          
        if( c >= '0' && c <= '9'){   
          pctime = (10 * pctime) + (c - '0') ; // convert digits to a number    
        }
      }   
      setTime(pctime);   // Sync Arduino clock to the time received on the serial port
    }  
  }
}

time_t requestSync()
{
  Serial.print(TIME_REQUEST,BYTE);  
  return 0; // the time will be sent later in response to serial mesg
}

And some times error message is like "exit status 1 The 'BYTE' keyword is no longer supported".

We HATE to see statements like that. We prefer to see statements like "The exact, complete, error messages are: ", followed by the EXACT, COMPLETE error messages.

But, I'd recommend that you quit (mis)using the BYTE keyword. There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 23,566,325,323 posts about how not to. I'm sure that you could have found one of them (or some newer code).