Re: Hello World Not Working

For me too… my connections to da board and lcd are fine… lcd s workin good… bt hello world is not displayed… when i tried to upload program it shows an error “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30”
i’ve checked serial port too… everythin’s fine… i dunno what to do?

lcd s workin good… bt hello world is not displayed.

If the LCD is not displaying text, how can you reasonably conclude that the “lcd’s workin good”?

when i tried to upload program it shows an error “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30”

Which program?

i’ve checked serial port too…

How? Did you run a snake up the port, and find that it wasn’t clogged?

everythin’s fine

Oh, good. I thought there was a problem. Well, I’ll be moving on then.

i dunno what to do?

Is that a question or a statement!

Hi GayathriPN90.

You are replying with some unrelated problem (i guess) in a somewhat related hardware setup.
That is hijacking a tread, don’t do that.
Your supposed problem is that your sketch isn’t uploaded to your Arduino for some reason.
It has no relation to your LCD unless it is wired up to pins D0 and / or D1.
To solve this, start your own thread on this or find other treads discussing “resp=0x30”, there’s a lot of those.

Jazzman81’s problem is in his sketch that doesn’t compile because he didn’t follow rules.
That can be solved by reading up a bit before continuing, so these rules can be respected.

[quote author=jazzman81 link=topic=195633.msg1443715#msg1443715 date=1382821326]
I installed Arduino 1.0.5 today and i cant get it to compile anything. I've installed on a Windows 7 Laptop and a Mac Book and neither of them compile the code below. I'm trying the most basic code:

println("Hello World!\n");

That is not a program. If you want some help, please post your code. Don't forget to enclose your code in code tags.

I'm sry for not being clear vit my prob..
i first describe da pin details dat i followed..
*ARDUINO GND pin to bread board (BB) -VE pin
*ARDUINO 5v pin to BB +ve pin.
*LCD 1st pin and 16th pin (negative pins )- BB -ve pin
*LCD 2nd pin and 15th pin (positive pins) - BB +ve pin
*Potentiometer 1st pin = +ve BB
2nd pin = LCD 3rd pin
3rd pin = -ve pin (BB)
*LCD 4th pin (REG SELECT) = pin 2 of arduino
*LCD 5th pin (R/W pin ) = -ve of BB
*LCD 6th pin (enable pin) =pin 4 of arduino
*LCD 11th pin (D4)= pin 8 of arduino
*LCD 12th pin (D5)= pin 9 of arduino
*LCD 13th pin (D6)= pin 10 of arduino
*LCD 14th pin (D7)= pin 11 of arduino

-while connecting the USB cable to my PC, ARDUINO board and LCD is turned ON.
-Arduino is connected to COM 3
-In device manager i've checked whether arduino is connected to COM 3, yes it is.

• in tools => i've selected "SERIAL PORT = COM 3 ", "BOARD = ARDUINO UNO", "PROGRAMMER = USBasp".
    -The program I used is from da examples - liquid display- "hello world".
    while I tried to upload it shows an error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30"
    Can u plz help me out? I dunno wat mistake i've done?

GayathriPN90:
I dunno wat mistake i've done?

Really you should start a new topic instead of walking all over the original poster's question. It will get you better help sooner.

Hello Sir,
I'm new to Arduino and I tried starting with LCD program. But I can't upload the program instead it shows an error
** "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30".**
the pin details are given as per in the arduino.cc website. LCD's turned ON. bt the program is not uploaded.

-while connecting the USB cable to my PC, ARDUINO board and LCD is turned ON.
-Arduino is connected to COM 3
-In device manager i've checked whether arduino is connected to COM 3, yes it is.

• in tools => i've selected "SERIAL PORT = COM 3 ", "BOARD = ARDUINO UNO", "PROGRAMMER = USBasp".
    -The program I used is from da examples - liquid display- "hello world".
    while I tried to upload it shows an error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30"
    Can u plz help me out? I dunno wat mistake i've done?

jazzman81:
I installed Arduino 1.0.5 today and i cant get it to compile anything. I've installed on a Windows 7 Laptop and a Mac Book and neither of them compile the code below. I'm trying the most basic code:

println("Hello World!\n");

With the Arduino on USB cable to your PC you can get it to send Hello World!\n to a serial terminal program such as Serial Monitor included in your IDE. Just make sure that you open Serial Monitor which resets the board.

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin( 9600 ); // make sure that Serial Monitor is set for 9600 baud or change this to match it
  Serial.println( "Hello World!\n" ); // prints Hello World! and then 2 new lines
}

void loop()
{
  // loop does nothing here. Press reset to get it to print Hello World!\n again.
}

With Processing and the Serial library you can catch that message rather than using Serial Monitor.
Arduino is a version of Wiring as in Processing and Wiring go together. Processing has setup() and draw(), Arduino has setup() and loop(). That is not by accident.

GoForSmoke:

GayathriPN90:
I dunno wat mistake i've done?

Really you should start a new topic instead of walking all over the original poster's question. It will get you better help sooner.

If you can't read and understand, make a NEW TOPIC to get help, then how can anyone explain simple things like code?

Go back to Programming Questions and find near the top the words NEW TOPIC. Click that button and start your own thread. It is not good to jump in an unrelated thread (truly a different problem) like this one and ask for attention. Here we try to help Jazzman81. In the topic that YOU make, we try to help YOU.

I couldn't even get a text thro serial monitor.

1. Your in the WRONG forum, this is programming, you need to be in the "Getting started" forum.

Arduino is connected to COM 3

No its NOT. Close all the copies of the IDE you have open and unplug the Arduino.

Open the IDE chcek which comms ports are available - none of these are the Arduino.

plug in the Arduino and check the comms ports again you will see a new port this is the one you need to select.

Mark

GayathriPN90:
I couldn't even get a text thro serial monitor.

What I posted is for the person who started this topic, which is NOT THE SAME AS YOURS.

If you want help, start a NEW TOPIC. Use the forum button that says NEW TOPIC. Every section of the forum has one near the top on the right side.

If you can't read and follow this then who can help you anyway?

So, some moderator has split the topics and moved this one to the correct section.
Now GayathriPN90's question can be addressed, so here we go:

GayathriPN90:
What OS are you running on your computer.
I used the search function of the board (top right on every page, even this reply page) and found someone else (click!) who solved his problem by downgrading the driver for his win7 OS.

Tell as much details about your setup as possible.
You were already told by holmes4 how to find out for sure what comport is assigned to your Arduino.

I must say i can't remember ever setting / changing this, but i've got the programmer set as AVRISP mkII.
So that's a difference to your setting as USBasp.

So once again: give as much detail as possible, important for now is what OS do you use ?