Re: Help! Aide! SOS! Mayday!

...and you really think this post will make us rush to help?

;D ;D ;D

/hmm - is this how India competes...by outsourcing???

Let’s see…
I think not ::slight_smile: :o

Totally the wrong way to ask for help. This is designed to put peoples backs up. It might be a cultural thing but you are asking people to do work for you which you should do your self. To get other people to do this would be cheating. Cheating your collage and also cheating any employer that took you on thinking you could do what you clearly can't do.

Argh! I'm blind!

Quick doctor! 100cc of Arial 12 point! Stat! And double check that it's BLACK!

Have you tried this local Arduino dealer help desk phone number first? Plus they are hiring. http://www.roboticsindia.com/content.php/129-Robotics-India-Services-and-Offerings Lefty

by writing the program code for me

Do it yourself you lazy person.

If you’re wanting to compete in something then you can’t just get other people to do all the work for you.

I m left with no time to learn adruino programmimg please help me to perform in my college event. I have 10 days starting from now and my robots would be ready in 2days time but without the comm. module.

Please friends help me to participate in that event by writing the program code for me created by any of you, with the illustration of the pin configration, and switch connection.

I m not ordering for any thing nor cheating anybody.

Dear Pratedk Dubey,

you seem to have a very big communication deficit. In your first message you explicitly ask that someone write the code for you and send you how to wire up your robot because you don’t have time to learn how to work with the Arduino yourself. Calling that outsourcing is a pretty good description of that practice.

As you probably can guess from previous reactions, people on this forum have their own projects waiting for them and don’t see great benefit in doing work for others without being paid - and even then probably the effort isn’t worth the hassles. If you’re stuck at some point, you’ll get help on these forums, but to look for dummies doing your work you’re better of somewhere else.

Korman

Well will help but not do it for you.

If you're a 2nd year EE student then you should be used to learning new stuff and have a reasonable understanding of the basics of code. It will not take you very long to learn the basics.

If you at least attempt to do something then we will no doubt help you to make it work but so far you have not shown any indication that you have done any work on this whatsoever.

If you people would help me i would be really grateful to you all.

Happy to help, not happy to do it all for you.

And for some people who think that there country is above all, its good for them, but dont blame MY COUNTRY for anything they personnally dont like, as it clearly show what they are taught in there country.

What are you talking about? Nobody said anything about their country being above any other country. It sounds like you have a decent enough education, you just seem to have completely the wrong idea about work and society. Nothing happens for free. I would say this is probably one of the most helpful electronics forums around but still, nobody is ever going to just do your work for you.

We are also less inclined to do stuff for students as often the projects are for their education (such as yours being a competition) and the work should primarily be completed by the students themselves.

Mowcius

What they all said, plus you forgot "Au Secours!".

I m left with no time to learn adruino programmimg please help me to perform in my college event. I have 10 days starting from now

I can't imagine this one has just been "sprung" on you from out of nowhere.

(sp. "Arduino")

Make an effort and people will help. Just ask for someone to do it for you and people will...shop you to your lecturers. ;D

Dear sir, I m sorry to you all for offending you by just asking you all to write program code for me.

I was offended by the remark by crOsh(first remark) related to my country. Leaving all that behind, Sir, i m not ordering you all (and i even cant as you all are much more senior than me) but just asking for some help. Please guide me as in my group i m the only student of any electronic related branch everything is on my shoulders and i m bit worried and quite nervous too.

Sir, i m ready to learn, please instruct me or in other words please spare 5 min time for 2-3 days to educate me through the basics of ADRUINO programming.

Special thanks to mowcius and awol...

Regards, prateek dubey. :-) :-D :-)

I'd start with the examples in the tutorials. I'm surprised that you haven't already. When you've got specific questions, we'll answer them, but the forum is not an ideal medium for teaching.

Well one issue is that even if we felt like helping (which to be honest I'd say we have - go read the examples) then we have nothing to work on.

We have NO IDEA what hardware you intend to use or what the constraints of your project are.

Work out what you want to use and how you want it to work and we can at least send you in the right direction.

sir, thank you for your suggestions i will work accordingly.

Ok after reading the examples i came upto problem.

All the examples are related to send the data chunk from module to another but i only need to transmit 12 signals through 12 push buttons and the signals when recieved by the reciever section it has to pass on the signals to the relay drives to carry out the petty tasks like start the motor in clockwise dir or anticlockwise dir. One more problem that when the signal is transmitted it is in passive mode i.e. If i press a button it will transmit a designated amount of data and then wait for another key stroke. But i want that the motor at the recieving end should run till the switch is pressed and stop when the switch is released.

regards, Prateek Dubey

but i only need to transmit 12 signals through 12 push buttons

I thought you said you were an EE student?

But i want that the motor at the recieving end should run till the switch is pressed and stop when the switch is released.

So, send one code when the button is pressed....and another, different one when the button is released.

Try thinking before posting.

[edit]And for God's sake, tidy up that mess of a first post before it becomes permanent. It is giving me a migraine.[/edit]

I might sound grumpy now, and you should know that I tried really hard not to:

I think you should try to ask us your question in general terms. But, with sufficient information about what you're trying to do. For me, an answer to your preious post would be almost the same as 'write me code'.

Why say there are twelve buttons? One or twelve really does not matter, unless some kind of multiplexing is involved (that was just a disclaimer so no one can take my words literally and disproof my statement).

You should think of programming problems as a series of conceptual questions with conceptual answers.

"I need to read 12 buttons" => "I need to read a button" Then the question becomes "How do I read a button?" and that is a question you can easily find an answer to. Actually you find multiple answers, and if you're interested, you'll read more than the first and apply the one you like best.

Now, you backtrack and go like "I know how to read one button" => "I need to read twelve buttons" then you realize that those two problems are actually the exact same, only the latter multiplies the first by 12. A beginner solution would be to just sequentially write what was written as the solution for "How do I read a botton" twelve times in a row. Then you discover functions and maybe even for loops and arrays.

Now, you're well on your way.

Good luck!

One more problem that when the signal is transmitted it is in passive mode i.e. If i press a button it will transmit a designated amount of data and then wait for another key stroke. But i want that the motor at the recieving end should run till the switch is pressed and stop when the switch is released.

So, send one code when the button is pressed....and another, different one when the button is released.

Well either that or use a while(button == HIGH){Serial.print(data);} to keep sending data while the button is pressed.

Mowcius

I was offended by the remark by crOsh(first remark) related to my country.

Dude, if that's all it takes to offend you, your skin must be like rice paper...get a grip.

;)

hey, It really worked me... I use the while(button == HIGH){Serial.print(data);}

And let me work further over it. Lets hope that all goes well till the end.

No hard feelings crOsh, see you later...

Thanks

Regards, Prateek Dubey :D :D :D