Re: I2C and SPI - is it possible to use in same sketch in same function ?

Hi,

I am working with nrf24l01+(spi) and bmp180 (i2c) on arduino uno. Both work just fine individually but when connected simultaneously, the radio doesn't transmit. Any help?

How are the nRF24l01+ and BMP180 powered?
Can you show your schematic?

Read this before posting

Hello,

There's a problem I've been facing when I try to interface BMP180 sensor (on A4 & A5) and NRF24L01+ (on SPI, 10-13) on the same arduino uno board. Both the components work just fine when tested individually but when put together with a program to use both simultaneously, it says no radio at the receiving end. It would be great to have some help!! Thanks!!

Please don't cross-post, cross-posting wastes time.
Threads merged.

Both the components are powered from the 3.3V from the UNO with a 10uf capacitor connected between 3.3V & Gnd..

Pravs:
Both the components are powered from the 3.3V from the UNO with a 10uf capacitor connected between 3.3V & Gnd..

My first thought would be that the Uno provides insufficient power for both components - can you use an external 3.3V supply for both devices and see if you get the same problem? Also, please post the relevant code.

RogerRowland:
My first thought would be that the Uno provides insufficient power for both components - can you use an external 3.3V supply for both devices and see if you get the same problem? Also, please post the relevant code.

Sure, I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot!!

Hi,

I’ve attached the code… Please let me know about your suggestions… Thanks!!

test_transmit_BMP_1.ino (3.42 KB)

test_receive.ino (1.17 KB)

RogerRowland:

Hi,
I tried using a regulated DC power supply unit providing 3.28V. But, the modules still don't communicate and I am tired trying all possibilities. Any help would be great.

Hi,

Is there anybody who can help me with this? If there is, it would be really great. Thanks.

I see a bunch of libraries:
#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>
#include <SFE_BMP180.h>
#include <Wire.h>

but nothing starts them up in setup(), such as:

SPI.begin();
Wire.begin();

etc.

CrossRoads:
I see a bunch of libraries:
#include <SPI.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>
#include <RF24.h>
#include <SFE_BMP180.h>
#include <Wire.h>

but nothing starts them up in setup(), such as:

SPI.begin();
Wire.begin();

etc.

Hello,

The SFE_BMP180.h has code to internally invoke Wire.h and similarly RF24.h invokes SPI. I’ll post the library documents for your reference.

Thanks

I’ve attached the various library files used. It would be really great to read a solution.

Thanks

SFE_BMP180.cpp (10.5 KB)

SFE_BMP180.h (4.05 KB)

RF24.cpp (25.4 KB)

RF24.h (25.2 KB)

nRF24L01.h (3.35 KB)

RF24_config.h (1.3 KB)

The responses in this thread are pretty pathetic, guys. All administrative bullshit with a couple of real sad suggestions. This problem could use a real answer.

gedee:
The responses in this thread are pretty pathetic, guys. All administrative bullshit with a couple of real sad suggestions. This problem could use a real answer.

I would expect you to post a solution instead of complaining a year after the last post.

I came here with the same problem.

gedee:
I came here with the same problem.

Start here