re imaging a dell computer

I was given a task to program my Arduino pro mini to run through the steps for re-imaging a Dell Desktop computer, the steps are

-boot up the machine
-press f12 one time (as soon as the machine boots up)
-wait for it to load (it's a different loading time each time)
-press enter

• chose "onboard NIC 4" (there are multiple different selections and its in a different spot each time, it could be number 1 or 3 it's unpredictable)
    -wait to load again.

I've never programmed an Arduino before so I'm completely lost, if someone could just explain to me how this works and could maybe start the code off I could go from there, all ive ever programmed is a robot to do basic commands like go forward for 30 seconds. All the videos I've watched just show how the program works, I just need to know how to make it do those steps

What do you mean by "re-imaging" ?

And I wonder if you are confusing a Pro Mini with a Pro Micro. The Micro (with the 32U4 MCU) can pretend to be a USB keyboard.

...R

DUPLICATE DELETED.

First READ THIS then you know better about how to approach a topic and more important what to include.

Bob.

-boot up the machine

Could be done using a servo or solenoid to press the ON/OFF switch, or done internally with a relay connected across the switch. If the computer is networked, it might be possible to send a wake-on-lan signal on command from an arduino, but never seen anything addressing that situation.

-press f12 one time (as soon as the machine boots up)

Very difficult to accomplish, since the time it takes to boot varies greatly, both between different models of computer, and within a specific model, depending on how the bios is setup. The arduino has no way of seeing what is on the computer screen to know the state of the computer, and the F12 has to be pressed at the correct time during bootup or it will be ignored.

-wait for it to load (it's a different loading time each time)
-press enter

• chose "onboard NIC 4" (there are multiple different selections and its in a different spot each time, it could be number 1 or 3 it's unpredictable)
    -wait to load again.

Again very difficult, the arduino would need to watch the video display, and respond to that. Also, depending on the model computer, and how the bios is set, the network boot may not be in the list of boot devices.

I don't really think this would be practical, and would probably take more effort to set up than simply having someone do the steps from a keyboard. If this is being done for a business, where all the computers are networked, there are numerous Dell computers that have Intel AMT on-board, which will allow you to boot and load a computer remotely, although my only experience with that has been disabling it in computers that are being refurbished.

We strongly recommend that beginners start with the simple examples that come with the Arduino IDE (program development software). Learn to blink an LED without using delay, read a button, a sensor or a voltage, learn the programming language etc.

Otherwise expect endless frustration.