Re: Reg : Arduino mega2560 driver installation

ekkarobo: Hi,

I have arduino mega2560 controller board. I tried to install the driver for that board. But, I didn't find any proper driver software from internet.

When I connected the mega2560 board the hardware is detected for sometimes.

then i checked in device manager and updated the driver, then it shows USB serial port.

When i tried to upload the program, it isn't uploaded. Then it shows timeout...timeout...timeout.

Kindly help me to solve this probem.

Ekkarobo.

I too, am facing the same problem of "Timeout" with the same board "Arduino Mega 2560" but my problem is not arising out of "lack of proper drivers" . I know this cause initially my board was working fine but after using it a few times (uploading and resetting different project codes), it started to display timeout errors like

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

so I did some research on the web regarding this problem, and it seems that a lot of people are facing the same problem with the same board. There is another post in this forum addressing the same problem at http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=83079.0 . I found post number "#10" on this page somewhat useful , the proper and perfect solution still being far from resolved.

What I am saying is "It appears that I can upload more reliably if I press the reset just as soon as I can after the Binary Sketch Size message appears." as mentioned in ""#10" . Sometimes it works sometimes it won't, as if luck factor is involved and as if it matters in science.

If someone finds a "Proper" solution.......please reply.

Maheshchiramure, you could have started a new topic for it, but it's okay.

Do you have an older Arduino Mega 2560 board ? Or a clone from Ebay with an old bootloader ? The bootloader for the Mega was updated and many improvements have been made. Are you using the newest Arduino 1.0.6 or 1.5.8 BETA ?

You could try another computer or other usb port and another usb cable. Disconnect everything from the Mega board that requires to much current.

Do you have a programmer ? or do you know how to use an Arduino board as an programmer (Arduino ISP) ? If you do, you could try to burn the bootloader.

Topic split.

@Maheshchiramure: Does your code use the watchdog timer?

Thank you for your reply.

I tried some other steps as told in forum.

First I tried in the older version of arduino 0023 & 0022, but the same error occured and also it takes several minutes to complete the Upoad.

These are the errors :

In arduino 0023,

Binary sketch size: 1588 bytes (of a 258048 byte maximum) avrdude: ser_recv(): read error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

In arduino 0022,

Binary sketch size: 1588 bytes (of a 258048 byte maximum) avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: ser_recv(): read error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Then i thought may be bootloader is a problem, then burnt bootloader on w/AVRISP mkII. But Ishows the below message,

avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb".

Kindly give me a proper solution for this problem.

Excuse for my poor english.

Ekkarobo.