Read battery level of powerbank through USB-C possible?

Hi everybody,

We have a setup where we are using an ESP32 that we control/program in Arduino. We have a powerbank connected to it to power some parts that we will be using in our product. I've search the forum and I know you can't read the battery level of the powerbank because of the boost converter. But is it different with USB-C? Because we connect our powerbank through USB-C and not regular USB.

Unless the power pack says this is possible , which is very unlikely then no .

The usb connections are only power connections

dennisgodderie:
I've search the forum and I know you can't read the battery level of the powerbank because of the boost converter.

Correct.

dennisgodderie:
But is it different with USB-C? Because we connect our powerbank through USB-C and not regular USB.

USB-C is a connector, at least as far as the power bank is concerned. It is most improbable that the power bank could ever be capable of advanced power delivery.

Ok, I asked the manufacturer if it would be possible to have one of the USB ports to output without the booster between it.

Would it be another option to get a powerbank with digital display and to put a small eye/camera in front of it that can interpretade the numbers and that we get that into our software. I'm just trying to find a solution... :slight_smile: