Read DHT11 from analog pin

I have tested the SimpleDHT library which works well by outputting the temp and humidity values with serial.print.

I want to integrate a DHT11 to node-red dashboard which is using the standardFirmata library.

How can I somehow store the temp/humidity values somewhere and read them back from an analog pin?

Please try your question again. I don't understand what you're trying to do.

Why would you want to "read back"? When do you read back; tomorrow?

Sorry if I was unclear. With the standardFirmata library, node-red can read or write to all i/o pins so picking up a reading from an analog pin is simple.
With a DHT11 connected, the conventional way to read its temperature and humidity values is via a print.serial to the COM port but I am under the impression the COM port is taken by the link to node-red so I was hoping to write the values somewhere and then to read them back from an analog pin.

I have since removed Firmata and passed a long string of data with all pins and other values which I can parse in node-red and this works well for reading pins and values however now I can’t figure out how to write to input pins.

Here is my code. From node-red I am sending some data and am expecting to read it back but it is not working.

#include <SimpleDHT.h>

int pinDHT11 = 5;
int incomingByte = 0;
int value;  
const int A0pin= 0; 
SimpleDHT11 dht11;

void setup()   
{ 
Serial.begin(57600);
pinMode(A0pin, INPUT);
}  

void loop() 
{ 
//----DHT11----------
byte temperature = 0;
byte humidity = 0;
if (dht11.read(pinDHT11, &temperature, &humidity, NULL)) {
   return;
  }
//-------------------

//----Read incoming data
if (Serial.available() > 0) {
  incomingByte = Serial.read();
   }
//-------------------

//----Send data to node-red--------
  Serial.print((int)temperature); 
  Serial.print("~");
  Serial.print((int)humidity); 
  Serial.print("~");
  Serial.print(analogRead(A0pin)); 
  Serial.print("~");
  Serial.println(incomingByte);

//delay(100); 
}

If I have a way to do it with Firmata it might be better because the way I am doing it now, everytime I make a change I have to update the code on the Arduino.

I think I see what you’re getting at. You want to use the Firmata framework to read and write pins but you also want to add a digital one-wire sensor and be able to read that from the PC side?

There isn’t a solution already available in Firmata? I should think that there is a way to read and write arbitrary data. At the worst, make it appear as analog pin 100?

I've been trying to do this for quite some time...

I think I will continue my dev on a Raspberry Pi, it seems like more development has been done on RPi.

Thanks for your quick responses.