Read subject from Email and do something

Hello,

I like to controll my windmill via Email comunication, so that the neighbors can turn on the breaks, if there are nerved by the sound.

I know there is an example, which do a little bit of it, but I don't know how to add other scripts, so it work just fine.

So what I like is:
-sending an email, only with an subject like on, off or status
-arduino check every 5min. whether there are a new Email
-if there are a new email, read subject
if there stand: on, off or status do some subprograms
-do an Email reply, with maybe "WILCO and this is the Status:" (Status)

-arduino check the rotation speed an the gear/ generator temperatur and should react, if it's not in the normal operation area (to high speed,..).

I thought about another option, by an webserver, but you only can control it in the area of your wifi and so on your neighbors can't stop the windmill.

I hope there are someone how do something similar and can help me.

by the way, I like to use the Arduino Pro Mini (5v or 3,3v - which is more meaningful?) and an ESP8266 modul ( and sensors, servo,...). So it's compact and efficient - it'll run every single day.

-sending an email, only with an subject like on, off or status

Sending the e-mail where?

-arduino check every 5min. whether there are a new Email

How?

Sending Email from a mobil, laptop or else device, to “arduino@gmail.com”.

The arduino should check over that acount regulary if there is a new mail with any of the described command.

I don’t know how, the Arduino have to conect to the server, login to Gmail and watch for emails.

OP have you got around doing this?
I'm also trying to find a way for my Arduino to receive my gmail (doesn't necessarily need to be gmail), read the subject and then output a pin as high so it can turn some other hardware on or off.....