Read .txt file on PC with arduino

Hi,

I looked for answers to my problem on your forum and google, but I'm a begginer, and I'm not able to understand programs, So I'm not able to discern what I seek from what I do not seek..

I have a project in progress, and in order to finalize it I need a program that retrieves characters, one by one, from a text file that is on the computer. (.txt)

I use Arduino 1.6.11, and I work on Windows

I really would have liked you to help me, I saw a few posts from all of you and you seemed to know how to solve my problem. I think there is a chance for me that you agree to help me, so I turn to you

Whatever your decision, I thank you for taking the time to read this message

Cordially
Hugo

Then you should write a PC program that can do just that…

Maybe you can use one of the functions from one of the serial terminals like RealTerm or Putty but I don’t know from the top of my head of they have a feature like that. And I certainly don’t know if that’s what you’re looking for.

HugoMenager:
I have a project in progress, and in order to finalize it I need a program that retrieves characters, one by one, from a text file that is on the computer. (.txt)

For that to happen you will need a program running on your PC to read the file and send the data to the Arduino.

This Python - Arduino demo may help get you started. You will need to edit the serial port references for Windows. And you can do the same thing in any PC programming language.

...R

We need to see what you've written so far, as it will give us a better idea of what you're trying to so (e.g., what is the Arduino supposed to do with the text?) Please make sure you read the first three posts at the top of this Forum before you post your code, as it contains instructions on how to use code tags for posting source code.

I already downloaded and read your program, Robin, but I just don’t understand…

I know that i have to write 2 programs, but i don’t know how to join them, and how to read .txt file with the first one

HugoMenager:
and how to read .txt file with the first one

There are dozens (maybe hundreds) of Python tutorials on the web. Take it slowly.

...R

If I asked your help, i't especially because I does not understand this kind of code :confused:

Then you have a lot to read and learn I guess...

Absolutely, but I am constrained by time: /

Then I'm afraid you have no other choice then to pay somebody for it... There is a good forum section for just that :slight_smile:

HugoMenager:
Absolutely, but I am constrained by time: /

So am I. And teaching Python is not on my agenda. Sorry.

In any case I would not do it any better than all the existing stuff.

...R