Read Variables from another arduino.

Is there any way I can Read a String saved in a variable in one arduino program from another arduino without using Serial.Print() in the first arduino????

If you're looking to have one arduino communicate with another while retaining your serial port for some other use, yes you can - software serial is one way or you can bit bang it.

If you're asking if you can directly read the ram of another arduino, no you can't.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
i cant use softwareSerial, Serial or Wire as they block my main program loop which causes disturbance in giving step pulses to my stepper while printing.
Please help me with if theres any way i can send data from one arduino to another without blocking my main program loop.

What's the loop time you wish to achieve? Whichever method you choose, there will be some overhead in code.

mustafa_Osarwala:
i cant use softwareSerial, Serial or Wire as they block my main program loop which causes disturbance in giving step pulses to my stepper while printing.

Perhaps your program needs a re-design?

But as you have not posted it ....

How many pulses per second do you need to produce?

...R

I measured my pulses without serial.print() on an o-scope, one cycle completes in less than 300 us.
and when i uncomment serial.print() it shoots up to almost 1 ms. :disappointed_relieved:

What baud rate are you using and how much data are you sending?
Can you post the code?

mustafa_Osarwala:
I measured my pulses without serial.print() on an o-scope, one cycle completes in less than 300 us.

That does not answer my question about how many pulses per second you need to drive your motor. The number of pulses per second depends on how fast you want the motor to rotate and how many steps are needed for a revolution.

And you still have not posted your program.

...R

Thank You Guys. but after struggling more than enough i decided to work the easy way around and use an encoder to to read the current position of the motor.
this way i was able to avoid serial.print() for getting the current position.

Thank you guys for ur help and support.
First time i used the forum and really liked the support.

mustafa_Osarwala:
First time i used the forum and really liked the support.

That's good to hear. However you will get a great deal more value from the Forum if you interact with us and answer questions.

...R