Read Windows Clipboard

Hey guys,

I'm new to programming so bear with me...

I'm trying to get the Arduino to read the windows clipboard so that I can create conditions for my output to react at certain inputs from the clipboard. I understand that it has to do with the serial library, although I'm not sure how execute this in the code.

Feel free to ask for clarification too, it's kind off hard to explain.

Cheers! Melanie

Read Windows Clipboard?

I don't think you can without running some sort of Windows program that spits the contents out the serial port.

ieee488: Read Windows Clipboard?

I don't think you can without running some sort of Windows program that spits the contents out the serial port.

Hm... I have a gas analyzer that's taking sample measurements every say 5 minutes, and this is being copied to the clipboard. I just need the Arduino to access this information and Bob's your uncle, you know?

kabelinmel: Hm... I have a gas analyzer that's taking sample measurements every say 5 minutes, and this is being copied to the clipboard. I just need the Arduino to access this information and Bob's your uncle, you know?

HUH?

ieee488: HUH?

Once the Arduino receives the information from the clipboard, the output will be executed depending on the clipboard data.

An Arduino cannot directly access any resources on a PC.

You need to have a program running on the PC that gathers the data from the clipboard (or directly from the sensor) and sends it to the Arduino over the USB connection.

The examples in Serial Input Basics and in this Python - Arduino demo may give you some ideas for getting the data to the Arduino.

...R

Robin2:
An Arduino cannot directly access any resources on a PC.

You need to have a program running on the PC that gathers the data from the clipboard (or directly from the sensor) and sends it to the Arduino over the USB connection.

The examples in Serial Input Basics and in this Python - Arduino demo may give you some ideas for getting the data to the Arduino.

…R

Thanks!!

kabelinmel: Thanks!!

Robin2: An Arduino cannot directly access any resources on a PC.

...R

Which is what I wrote before, but that apparently wasn't good enough for her.

ieee488: Which is what I wrote before, but that apparently wasn't good enough for her.

Your smile was not bright enough :) Or maybe you are too young :)

...R