Reading a current sensor with a Ratiometric output

So I am trying to make a basic readout of current flowing the current flow can be up to 200A, so I had only a couple of options, I chose this, due to it being an optimal size...

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/allegro-microsystems-llc/ACS758ECB-200U-PFF-T/620-1356-ND/2415201

I have no idea of how I would read and display the 0-200A range, for me to be understandable... moreover I have no sketch yet.

Can I get some help?

Reading 200A current is two much u gonna blow up ur board but there is way u can read the current using 0.1ohm Power resistor but u need do some test before you try on board can u please tell me what is the voltage?

sorry for the long wait, the sensor in the link can take up to 200A and spits out between a voltage that I can read. But if you recommend it to be done through a power resistor than it is running on a 5S lipo (18.5-21 volts).
Again really sorry for the huge wait, I did not get an alert email...

Did you buy the evaluation board or just the chip? If just the chip, how are planning to mount the chip on a circuit board and how do you plan to make the connections to the two big pins that carry the 200 amp current?

Paul

Start with this sensor and learn how to use it, before even thinking to work with such a dangerous current level.

http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/arduino/current/current.htm

The component has two pieces of metal sticking out of it, to which I want to solder the current carrying wires, moreover, there is no problem there. Also, RC is my hobby, therefore I deal with these currents 'high' a lot, so please don't worry. I really just need help with the code to read the ratiometric output. About the mounting, it'll be soldered onto a perf-board.

If you are measuring DC current connect sensor output to A0

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
LiquidCrystal lcd( 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 , 9 );
void setup() {

pinMode(A0, INPUT_ANALOG);
  //Serial.begin(115200);
  Serial.begin(9600);
  lcd.begin(16, 2);
}
void loop() {
  float volt = analogRead(A0);
  int input = analogRead(A0);
  volt = (analogvalue * 5.0) / 1024.0; //
  lcd.setCursor(0, 0);
  lcd.print(volt);
  //delay(100);
}

Calibration = change 5.0 to different number

volt = (analogvalue * 5.0) / 1024.0;

Okay thanks, Viki, just doesn't it post voltage?

volt = (analogvalue * 5.0) / 1024.0; //
  lcd.setCursor(0, 0);
  lcd.print(volt);

voltage on resistor = current, try 5/4 = 1.25 instead 5

Okay, nice thanks again :slight_smile: