Reading an SD card and then sending that information via SMS

Hi,

I am new to Arduino but have programmed a little before in BASIC. I am struggling to read a .txt file on a SD card and then sending that file as an SMS. I can do both separately, but I want to be able to do both at once. I used the dump file example, and an SMS example (attached). When sending an SMS I was hoping that I could put serial.read() where the message goes. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

DumpFile_MH1.ino (1.68 KB)

GSM_GPRSLibrary_SMS_MH1.ino (1.32 KB)

This is the statement that sends the SMS.

if (sms.SendSMS("number", "message"))

You would need to replace "number" with the actual number you want to send to, and "message" with the actual message. If you want to read the message from a text file on the SD card then you would need to insert some code to read the data from the file into a local buffer and then send the buffer. However, you would need to ensure that the size of the message didn't exceed the maximum size allowed for the SMS.

Ok, I think that I am getting closer. Here is my new sketch. I am getting stuck on "conversion from char to char*). Thanks in advance.

DumpFile_SO_CLOSE.ino (2.12 KB)

intern:
Ok, I think that I am getting closer. Here is my new sketch. I am getting stuck on "conversion from char to char*). Thanks in advance.

So did you succeed in reading the SD card and sending the sms?
I'm in the same fix and looking for help too.

No we didn't . We decided to send the data first and then write to the SD, not the other way around. We felt it was too hard to do the way that we originally had planned