Reading analog inputs for a breif period of time

is there a way and if so how can i make an analog input only read for a few miliseconds for example with this block of code

if  (analogRead(0) < 200){(++CumulativeTotal);} // if statement true add 1 to 'The cumulative total' which will be displayed to the seven segment display.
else// do nothing
delay (10);

once A0 is < 200 for longer than X amount of time (we’ll say 100 milliseconds) I want the analog side of arduino to “pause” for a few seconds. any help?

I want the analog side of arduino to "pause"

Not sure what you mean by that. The ADC doesn't run continuously. It takes a reading when you request one.

What I’m trying to say is how can I set the amount of time the arduino spends reading each sensor

void loop()
{
  delay (1000);
if  (analogRead(0) < 200){(++CumulativeTotal);} // if statement true add 1 to 'The cumulative total' which will be displayed to the seven segment display.
else// do nothing
delay (10);

if  (analogRead(1) < 2)  {(++CumulativeTotal);}  // if statement true add 1 to 'The cumulative total' which will be displayed to the seven segment display.
else// do nothing
delay (10);

if  (analogRead(2) < 2)  {(++CumulativeTotal);}// if statement true add 1 to 'The cumulative total' which will be displayed to the seven segment display.
else// do nothing
delay (10);

here all 3 sensors readings are fed into arduino then there is a 1 second display and the loop starts back over. what I want to happen is once the first sensor has breached ( < 200) use the information from all three sensors at that time then disregard all other readings for 30 seconds

You could use the principles underlying the blink without delay example.

trvslamm:
here all 3 sensors readings are fed into arduino then there is a 1 second display and the loop starts back over. what I want to happen is once the first sensor has breached ( < 200) use the information from all three sensors at that time then disregard all other readings for 30 seconds

Record the time when the first sensor breach is detected.

If the current time is within 30 seconds of the first sensor breach, disregard all other sensor readings.