Reading CPU temperatures

Hello, I have an old PC and I want to make something out of it, for now I'm just wondering can arduino somehow read cpu temperature and usage? Or maybe there's a program that can communicate with arduino?

can arduino somehow read cpu temperature and usage?

Sure can. It's own.

Or maybe there's a program that can communicate with arduino?

Of that I am certain.

Maybe you can tell me how to do that or post a link that would help me? I tried to search internet but havent found something useful… Oh OS is windows xp on that pc

Most CPUs/motherboards have built in temperature sensors. You could just use this program to monitor the temp:

If you have an ethernet shield: you could look into SNMP Install SNMP service on XP, and use SNMP requests to poll lots of info from the XP machine: from memory usage to HD usage, temperatures etc etc etc

In the above the scenario, the arduino requests info from the XP machine.

(someones example for SNMP usage)

If you do not have an ethernet shield, you could perhaps have the XP machine periodically send info over the serial line to an arduino waiting for data.

You could create a batch script to gather any command line info and send it over the serial port from the command line (in the batch script)

I want to show my CPU/RAM usage and CPU temp on LCD connected with arduino. 1. How should i gather this info? Can i make a program using C++ language? Or a batch script? 2. How to send this info to arduino? 3. Maybe there are some tutorials that you know that could help me?

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=257930.0

1. How should i gather this info?

With a pooper-scooper. Since this is NOT an Arduino question, you are in the wrong place asking it.

Can i make a program using C++ language? Or a batch script?

I have my doubts.

1. How to send this info to arduino?

Via email.

1. Maybe there are some tutorials that you know that could help me?

Maybe. I'd have to ask Mr. Google. Of course, you should be the one asking...

manic9: I want to show my CPU/RAM usage and CPU temp on LCD connected with arduino. 1. How should i gather this info? Can i make a program using C++ language? Or a batch script? 2. How to send this info to arduino? 3. Maybe there are some tutorials that you know that could help me?

Silly people here aye ....

1,2: With an arduino connected to the usb port of your windows XP machine, you can send data to the com port, and with an arduino waiting for data over the serial, you can catch this data and use it on your program on the arduino.

For the computer side, windows: you would have to create a batch script..

Something like: -request data from windows (collect it in the batch script) -send it over the serial port (in the same batch script). -arduino reads data from serial line and uses it to do whatever.

3: Have not seen one here, nor have I searched for it :. Nor do I think many people here know of windows batch scripting, ... is about as old as windows >_> ... and the com port ....

With the above information, you should be on the right track XD