Reading data and printing it on lcd

Hi,

I've searched in google and can't find any examples of Arduino reading a text file and then print data on 16x2 lcd.

Is it possible to make it with Arduino Uno R3?

Maybe you guys can help me with it?

Thanks,
Heatkliff

Heatkliff:
I've searched in google and can't find any examples of Arduino reading a text file and then print data on 16x2 lcd.

That is because it doesn't quite make sense.

This sort of display is not suitable for displaying a continuous stream of "free text" from a file. It can display simple messages with relevant parameters in specific positions on the display, with limited speed of update, but not continuously scrolling information.

Let's just say I want to make that arduino takes data(for example it takes speed data from Euro Truck Simulator 2) and prints data on lcd 16x2 display. Thats what I want to make if it's possible to make.

Sorry for bad english,
Heatkliff

That sounds like a totally different question; you said before something about “reading a text file”, presumably from a SD card or similar.

If you have a stream of data from the serial port which includes a particular parameter value, then you need your code to read this stream, recognise when the parameter is being sent, read the corresponding value, see whether that value has changed from what is currently displayed on the LCD, if it has in fact changed from the value that was displayed a quarter of a second ago (as it is no point displaying new values on the LCD more often than that), then it will set the cursor to the position on the display that you have determined to display that value, and write that value to the LCD.

All that is perfectly straightforward with a basic Arduino such as the Duemilanove, UNO, Nano, Pro Mini, Leonardo or such.

Using Google, I found a lot of good resources for doing this.
The telemetry module in the game allows serial communication with the Arduino. The framework can be found here
http://www.allreadable.com/1500AVuk

Nearly everything you need is at Silas Parker: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Prototype Real Dashboard

There are numerous YouTube videos showing variants.

Thanks a lot.