Reading data from SPI memory directly to PC

Hi,

Is there a way to read from SPI memory card adapter or W25Q16BVSIG flash memory directly to PC? I'm using SD card to log data from arduino sensors which is closed inside a box. It is inconvenient to open box every time to transfer data to PC so I would like to bring out some wires to connect that SD (or flash) directly do PC and transfer files.

How can i do that?

I would like to bring out some wires to connect that SD (or flash) directly do PC and transfer files.

How can i do that?

Sorry you can't, that is not without having the PC talk to something like an Arduino, that then controls the wires from the other Arduino. You will also need data switches to isolate the first Arduino from the SD card when reading from the second Arduino, and vice versa.

Hmm.. I can use second arduino as adapter. How I can transfer whole files from SD to PC?

have a look at http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBMPSSE.htm

Kamool: How I can transfer whole files from SD to PC?

You write a program that runs on the PC that talks to the second Arduino to tell it to look at the file and send it a byte at a time over to the PC. This program then stores this file on the hard drive. This PC program can be written in the free language Processing.

Then again you could program the first Arduino to do this.

A PC can not read a SPI device, but it can read serial data from an USB client - as the Serial Monitor does. When the PC sends a file request to the Arduino, the Arduino copies the file content to its Serial port.

If swapping out the micro is feasible and wireless is an option, you could ditch the Arduino, use an ESP8266, and access the data wirelessly. You could also ditch the SD card or other flash and save the data to the ESP's 4MB SPIFFS memory.

if you look at the USB-MPSSE cable USB to SPI, I2C or JTAG interface
http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBMPSSE.htm

the link AN_188 : C232HM MPSSE Cable in USB to SPI Interface is to an application note deccribing using “FTDI C232HM Hi-Speed USB cable by configuring the Multi Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine of the cable as a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)”. PC drivers are provided for Windows and Linux and there is a sample C program Interfacing CM232H Cable to MCP23S08 8 Bit I/O Expander.

For access to a SD card you need more than only a SPI driver. Another library is required to access files on the card, for an Arduino as well as for a PC.