Reading in a push button inside Switch statement within another Switch statement

Hi,

So i'm trying to read in a push button in a switch statement within another switch statement. I have used interrupts to arrive at my main Switch statement case (works fine). But how do i use the same push button to check another switch statement within the case i'm already in ?

Here's a the code i need help with.

void loop(){
    switch (clickCount)
    {
        case 0: // READY state

break;

case 1: // 1 click 

break;

case 2: // 2 click 

break;

case 3: // 3 click. I NEED HELP HERE
            // in here i need to use the same button that has been interrupted to read in another switch statement.

// when done i need the interrupt to go back to the original interrupt function

case 4: // 4 click 

break;

case 5: break; // 5 click 

case 6: // 6 click 

break;

default: // clicks > 6 [also do nothing] for cases more than 6 for example

break;
    }
}
    case 3: // 3 click. I NEED HELP HERE
    // in here i need to use the same button that has been interrupted to read in another switch statement.

// there is nothing to stop you from putting another switch/case (nesting)
    // right here - presumably with a different switch parameter.
    // https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/nested_switch_statements_in_c.htm

This does not make sense. Why are you using an interrupt to read a switch pin? That is most likely the wrong thing to be doing.

That is NEVER going to happen.