Reading Income HEX on the UART. What sketch?

After doing a little more looking I asked this question in the wrong way. I now have hex coming into the Arduino through the UART. I know what the hex coming in means or its value. But what kind of sketch do I need to read the hex so I can have the Aurduino perform tasks with the hex?

Thanks Greg

I have a device that has a K line output for fault code reading.

We can't help with mystery devices. Tell us what the device is (a link) if you want help interfacing with it.

I already have a transceiver chip that will change read the K line data and change it to a usable output to a cpu.

"change read"?

Is this chip connected to the Arduino? What chip is it? How is it connected to the mystery device?

What does any of this have to do with reading serial data?

Wikipedia says 10.4 kbaud (nice). Is that what you've got set?

This is what we are hooking it to. Although I doubt anyone has ever seen or heard of it. http://espar.com/html/products/hydronic5.html

This is the data sheet on the chip we want to hook up to the Aurduino. http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/vishay/70788.pdf

As far as it reading serial data I don't know what else to call it.

We just want to read the information coming in off the k line of the device go through the si9243 chip to the Aurduino. And when the information being received is XXX coming out we wan tAurduino to use a relay to shut off an external fan and pump.

Greg

LanduytG: I now have hex coming into the Arduino through the UART. I know what the hex coming in means or its value.

The hex? Some examples perhaps?

But any of the example sketches that read serial data should work for you.

But any of the example sketches that read serial data should work for you.

I have been search for and example but cannot find one. I guess I'm not using the right search phrase.

Greg

File/Examples/Communication in the IDE should give some clues.

AWOL: File/Examples/Communication in the IDE should give some clues.

I never thought to look in the IDE. I was searching the forum.

Thanks