Hey!
As a project for school, I need to read the button values from the calculator
how do I do that? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
thanks! :smiley:

the calc model is fx-82ms

adding pcb image

link to the img

SOLVED ALREADY, read rows and and column

Find out which row inputs of the keyboard matrix are excited (high or low?), and which column outputs react on the stimulus when a key is pressed.

DrDiettrich:
Find out which row inputs of the keyboard matrix are excited (high or low?), and which column outputs react on the stimulus when a key is pressed.

yeah I've already figured that out and I'll make a table with all the combinations

steve20016:

“As a school project”

Can you elaborate on why you need to “read the values”? Do you have a narrow assignment just to “read the values” or is this part of a larger project? If part of larger project what is it?

Sure!, I'm hacking a calculator to solve equations by reading which buttons are clicked with an arduino uno and esp8266, and in the end I'll send the full equation to solve to an api endpoint I build which returns the solving stages and then the esp8266 sends it to the arduino uno to show it on the screen that plugged into it.

No need for help anymore I'm sharing this idea bc I'm pretty sure that I'm not the first one to think about it;
and yes, I know that it's not useful at all but it's a great project to build

TV remote controls are easy to use with Arduinos and the IRremote library. They have digits and more keys that can be assigned other calculator keys.

DrDiettrich:
TV remote controls are easy to use with Arduinos and the IRremote library. They have digits and more keys that can be assigned other calculator keys.

when did I talked about IR/things that use it?