Reading Mono Channel Data in Adafruit_ZeroI2S Library

I want to use Adafruit I2S MEMS Microphone with Adafruit Feather M0 and read mono channel data. Can you please help me with it?

Have you followed the tutorial about this at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-i2s-mems-microphone-breakout/arduino-wiring-and-test ??

@MarkT Thank you very much for your response. Yes, I have followed the tutorial. This tutorial actually reads stereo data and discards one channel data. It uses a if condition in the loop() which discards the zero values. The way it works is that the real channel provides non-zero value and the other channel provides zero which is discarded here. I just want to read the valid channel.

I can not use the if condition because I am using DMA instead of the processor itself.

Can you please help me with it? I would highly appreciate it.

I2S is fundamentally a stereo audio protocol.

This is from
Mono Channel with I2S

Just to confirm, does this mean that I can not read single channel data using I2S and DMA?

I understand that I can ignore one channel data. How can I do that when I am using DMA? Do you have any idea on that?

That is my understanding of the case.
You can store both samples and ignore one of them later, but it does mean a buffer will have to be twice the size it otherwise needs to be.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.