Reading Philips Hue to control AC power

Hey everybody,

I have been thinking of what to do with an arduino, because I am very interesting in doing something with it.

Now, my alarm clock automatically turns on the Philips Hue light in my room. I also have some electrical shutters on my windows, controlled with a switch inside the house. I have a broken Hue light (glass broken), and would like to make it so when my alarm turns on the light, the arduino can read off the voltage, and raise the shutters.

I read off the voltage coming of a single LED on the light being output through the bulbs internals. A single LED is a approximately 2v.

Would I be able to control the AC powered shutters with a relay by reading off the voltage on the bulb, making it to raise the shutters at a certain level?

I read off the voltage coming of a single LED on the light being output through the bulbs internals. A single LED is a approximately 2v.

That voltage needs to be relative to ground, then, tie the light-ground & Arduino-ground together.

Would I be able to control the AC powered shutters with a relay

Yes, but the Arduino can't drive a "regular" relay directly. You'll need a relay board with a built-in driver, or you can make a driver circuit, or there are solid-state AC relays that can be driven directly.

by reading off the voltage on the bulb,

Yes. Since 2V is not a digital-high, use [u]analogRead()[/u] analog with an [u]if-statement[/u] "take action" if the voltage is present. (Maybe look for a voltage greater than 1V... That's a reading of around 200 on the ADC, assuming the normal 5V reference.)

making it to raise the shutters at a certain level?

You'll need some sort of position sensor and more if-statements to stop the motors at the correct spot.