Reading serial data from Olimex Mod-Pulse

Hello, very new to Arduino and Olimex products. The Olimex board I am using works with a pulse oximeter to measure resting heart rate and SAO2 (Saturated Oxygen percentage) which gets displayed to the LCD you see in the image. I am wondering if it is possible to retrieve the BPM or live heartbeat along with the oxygen saturation percentage to use for another board which will consists of lights. I have hooked up the TX out to the A0 port of the Arduino and used the sample code within the Arduino IDE “AnalogReadSerial”. When I run the serial monitor I get 0 when the pulse oximeter isnt on my finger which is good. But when its on my finger I get outputs like
"1
" which doesn’t makes sense. I also have the built in LED to blink when there is a value assuming its a heartbeat but It blinks 2-4 times then off for 1 second so I think the data its receiving is incorrect. The serial plotter is also all over the place just looks like noise.

I have hooked up the TX out to the A0 port of the Arduino

The TX pin is an analogue output?

OLIKMEX make development boards rather like the arduino series...

Why not just their tools? - no arduino needed.

Or dump the Olimex and use an arduino directly..

The datastream depends on how the Olimex sw is written - how can we guess what that is?

Allan