Rebuilding a bingo machine

Hi,

I got some major errors on the boards of my bingo machine. At first I wanted to use a S7 to replace them, but then I discovered arduino.
Got the small manual, but I already ran pretty fast into some problems :grin:.
Since I hardly master C, I’ve made a really, really fast ladder-scetch on paper, which is added as attachment.

pic n°)

1. how to NO/NC/NC → out?
  2. can I add it in the same loop or do I need to create a new setup/loop?
  3. how to do this in C ?
  4. how to use the outputs as a switch for another output?

It will help me a lot if I can get the right codes to start.

Kindest regards,
Kevin

CCI22082013_00000.pdf (363 KB)

In your example you have output states which are derived from input states.

The way to program this in C++ would be similar to this:

const byte IoPin = 2;
const byte BovenPin = 3;
const byte onderPin = 4;
const byte a1Pin = 5;

void setup()
{
    pinMode(a1Pin, OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
    byte a1State = digitalRead(IoPin) && !digitalRead(BovenPin) && !digitalRead(onderPin);
    digitalWrite(a1Pin, a1State);
}

You would probably want to choose more meaningful names for the pins, and the ones with numbers in their names might be best stored in an array, but hopefully the above gives you a starting point.

Hi,

I've the same idea/project too.
Have you start your project ?

Luc

lucbingo:
I’ve the same idea/project too.

What’s going on here? Two Belgians simultaneoulsy decide to rebuild an obscure type of pinball machine using Arduino, give their posts the exact same title and claim they do not know each other? What are the chances?

PaulRB:

lucbingo:

What's going on here? Two Belgians simultaneoulsy decide to rebuild an obscure type of pinball machine using Arduino, give their posts the exact same title and claim they do not know each other? What are the chances?

Hardly "simultaneously"

PaulRB:

lucbingo:

What's going on here? Two Belgians simultaneoulsy decide to rebuild an obscure type of pinball machine using Arduino, give their posts the exact same title and claim they do not know each other? What are the chances?

for us belgians, this is pretty normal :stuck_out_tongue:

Still working on it; Lack of motivation :~

After a couple of weeks I get back some motivation, run into some code problems (input->2xoutput matrix) work on it for like 3-4 days, till I find it out. Then I trow it back into the fridge :grin:

Work complete;

• analyzed the input/output hardware, circuit diagrams. Not a logical build because it's a restricted gambling device
  • input matrix code + test (still need to wire it up and adress)
  • hardware output matrix tested on the original board (2xdouble transistor matrix)

So what I already have on paper;

• full schematics/circuit diagrams from the input/ouput boards and hardware
  • input matrix base code + hardware
  • output matrix code

@ paulRB;
The big problem in belgium is the fact we dn't got any support ,as a private person, from companies. And everybody i spoke to for any repairs, just know 1 person in the whole country who can work for private people on those machines, and ofc. he asks like 100€/ hour + travel costs $) without the guarantee of a working machine...

racemaniac:

What? You are also building a bingo machine? :wink:

PaulRB:

racemaniac:

What? You are also building a bingo machine? :wink:

not yet, haven't reached my midlife crisis yet.