Reccomendations to purchase of a hobby CNC machine..?

Hi and Happy new Year to all!

I am now thinking to buy a hobby CNC machine mainly for milling PCB's (prototyping) and making project box's front panels.

I am completely new to this topic and, although the thought of actually making a machine controlled by arduino first sounds attractive, the idea of all the mechanical gear that has to come together seems daunting. So, I ve decided to buy one instead.

Does anyone have experience on these machines? What features / specs to look for?
How powerful, how big etc?
And most importantly where do you buy from?
There are lots on ebay/ Aliexpress with prices ranging from something like a few 100s euros to literally thousands! And then of course there is the issue of after sales service and support if things go wrong.

Anybody knows an online retailer in Europe?

All suggestions / ideas welcome..

You might get better advice if you go and visit a specific CNC forum where your questions have been asked and answered a thousand times. But be prepared: those guys often drift into a philosophical discussion.

Nevertheless: a special CNC forum would give you more answers in the buying and in the production phase of your CNC life.

be prepared: those guys often drift into a philosophical discussion.

And WE never do :slight_smile: :confused:

Anybody knows an online retailer in Europe?

I have a bit experience with my little CNC which I built 2 years ago; but I hesitate to propose a retailer as there are dozens of retailers in Europe and I don't want to run into problems posting suggestions publicly.

You can send me a PM and tell me what country in Europe you are living and I might help you aside of the forum to get you started.