Receive Data on 433Mhz Receiver

Good Evening!

I recently purchased a 433Mhz transmitter and receiver to be able to send and receive sensor data.
The transmitter is the ZF-4 and as a receiver I use the ZR17-J.
I tried the following Tutorial on youtube: Using Inexpensive 433 MHz RF Modules with Arduino - YouTube
The problem is that my receiver is different to the one used in the video as it has 6 Data output Pins labeled as D1-D6 “Data Output H L Level” and a additional pin labeled as VT “Valid Data Output”. Does that mean that all the incoming Data is being sent as bits through those pins D1-D6 and if so how can i “translate” those bits to readable data?
I tried connecting all output pins (one after another) as well as the VT pin to pin 11 of my arduino to see if I get any signal or data but my serial monitor just stays blank. I also already searched for tutorials and advice for my specific problem but it seems that almost all receivers work with only one or two data output pins and the “datasheet” for my model is very short. https://asset.conrad.com/media10/add/160267/c1/-/en/001418303DS01/datenblatt-1418303-conrad-components-zr17-j-empfaengermodul-5-vdc.pdf

To get the modules running I simply copied the code shown in the video and used the RadioHead library.

Transmitter Code:

// Include RadioHead Amplitude Shift Keying Library
#include <RH_ASK.h>
// Include dependant SPI Library 
#include <SPI.h> 

// Create Amplitude Shift Keying Object
RH_ASK rf_driver;

void setup()
{
    // Initialize ASK Object
    rf_driver.init();
}

void loop()
{
    const char *msg = "Welcome to the Workshop!";
    rf_driver.send((uint8_t *)msg, strlen(msg));
    rf_driver.waitPacketSent();
    delay(1000);
}

Receiver Code

// Include RadioHead Amplitude Shift Keying Library
#include <RH_ASK.h>
// Include dependant SPI Library 
#include <SPI.h> 

// Create Amplitude Shift Keying Object
RH_ASK rf_driver;

void setup()
{
    // Initialize ASK Object
    rf_driver.init();
    // Setup Serial Monitor
    Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
    // Set buffer to size of expected message
    uint8_t buf[24];
    uint8_t buflen = sizeof(buf);
    // Check if received packet is correct size
    if (rf_driver.recv(buf, &buflen))
    {

// Message received with valid checksum
      Serial.print("Message Received: ");
      Serial.println((char*)buf);         
    }
}

This is my first post so I hope i chose the right forum.

Thank you!

That is the wrong type of module to use with Arduino controlled OOK (ASK) modulation. You'll have to find another one.

The module you got is designed as stand alone transmitter and receiver with encoder and decoder, it’s older technology used for the garage door openers and similar. It does all the processing in the chips and not meant for just transmitting which is what you want. You can use what you have as remote control devices with a 12 bit address code giving you some security from random commands.

Oh damn. Thank you for your replies! But will the transmitter work using the right receiver or do I need a new one too? Also: I hooked the transmitter to my joy-it arduino nano v3 because the transmitting device should be as small as possible. RadioHead expects an data input on pin 12 so it should work just fine with pin 12 of my nano shouldn't it?

I believe the chip on there expects encoding, worth experimenting but these are very low cost devices. Get the right pair for a few bucks.

Madtze: Oh damn. Thank you for your replies! But will the transmitter work using the right receiver or do I need a new one too? Also: I hooked the transmitter to my joy-it arduino nano v3 because the transmitting device should be as small as possible. RadioHead expects an data input on pin 12 so it should work just fine with pin 12 of my nano shouldn't it?

Receive is on pin D11, transmit on pin D12.

You can receive from the transmitter using a different receiver, but the packet is encoded. You would need to crack the encoding.

wolframore: I believe the chip on there expects encoding, worth experimenting but these are very low cost devices. Get the right pair for a few bucks.

Well I guess I'll rather get the right stuff then. Thank you very much for your fast response!

aarg: Receive is on pin D11, transmit on pin D12

Ok so that should work... Thanks!