Receive input from the keyboard through usb host and attiny

Hi:)

Sorry for my English is not a native language
This is my rarshon project and I'm getting a little confused .. I'm trying to get input from a usb keyboard via attiny to a computer and that attiny will be able to run code while .. After researching I realized that this is not possible because of the usb protocol (master and slaves) so after consultations I added usb host between the components what I have now is this:
pc ---> attiy85 ---> usb host sparkfun ---> usb keyboard When attiny runs the code but the keyboard does not work ..
My questions are basically:

1. Do I need to write a specific code to usb host?
  2. If someone did something similar I would be happy and explain to me how he connected the components because I did not find a guide on the internet so I connected as I understood ..
  3. Is there a single component that can replace the attiny and the usb host instead of such a chain of components

Thanks in advance

It turns out that my explanation was not contained so here is the explanation .. sorry and thanks in advance

What made you think that your question has anything to do with the Website and Forum section which is clearly stated to be for "Improvements for the web system, applications to moderator, spam, etc."? I have suggested to the Moderator to move it to the Project Guidance section.

This sort of carelessness makes unnecessary work for the Moderators.

Please read How to get the best out of the Forum

...R

why USB host for keyboard? did you try PS/2 (adapter)

[color=#202124]I need to use a usb keyboard.. This is where the problems begin[/color]

nabesos654:

[color=#202124]I need to use a usb keyboard.. This is where the problems begin[/color]

many USB keyboards work as PS/2 too. did you try?

I tried .. it does not work unfortunately

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.