receiving a jpeg file from arduino

is it possible to send and receive a jpeg file from Arduino ? please help

Hi

It depends on the output device. If you are using Ethernet then the arduino system can operate as a web server and send JPEG files to browsers for display or saving to a local file.

More information please.

Cheers

Catweazle NZ

I am using the arduino serial connector to send and receive data , so i want to dump a jpeg file onto arduino then when i press a button i want the board to send back the jpeg

Most jpeg files are very large compared to the memory available on an Arduino.

What exactly are you trying to use the Arduino for?

Would a RaspberryPi be more suitable?

...R

Hi, Why don't you use a USB stick or an SD Card if that is all you want to do? It would be quicker to.

Tom..... :)

The instructions was that we send it using serial

refiloekunene:

You seem to be unwilling to tell us all about your project.

How can you expect anyone to know how to advise you?

…R

Hi,

What is your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Is this a school/college/university project?

Tom.... :) USB to and from a memory stick is serial.

i only did basic C++ programming with electronics i am not bad , i am poor when it comes to programming micro controllers

refiloekunene: i only did basic C++ programming with electronics i am not bad , i am poor when it comes to programming micro controllers

Not too good at reading either - so it seems.

How about responding to all the Replies here ?

...R

refiloekunene: is it possible to send and receive a jpeg file from Arduino ? please help

Yes, just as any other file. If you check the JPEG format spec and you will find that it packages the data in chunks ( markers) , no need to worry about memory limits if you do it right. Good luck with your project.