Receiving instrument data over usb shield

I am working on automating a conductivity titrator. Both my conductivity meter and balance communicate via USB. Is it possible to use a USB shield to receive data from an instrument? And second, I understand it is possible to stack 2 USB shields - how do you switch pins so both are using different pins? Thanks.

Is it possible to use a USB shield to receive data from an instrument? And second, I understand it is possible to stack 2 USB shields - how do you switch pins so both are using different pins?

An Arduino is the wrong choice here. Although you may get that to work if you invest a lot of money it doesn't make any sense. Use a Linux based board (p.e. Raspberry Pi) to do that project. You will find out that the probability that you find an existing driver for your equipment is much higher on a broadly used platform. Additionally Linux boards usually have multiple USB interfaces on-board and even if they don't have that it's easy to add an USB hub.

Thanks for the quick response. What about using a USB to TTL module?

What about using a USB to TTL module?

Such a module does connect a USB host (so p.e. a PC) to a device doing UART communication on TTL level. So that doesn't help in the case described above.

Why do you think an Arduino should do that job?