Recent update broke IDE

I am using IDE V 1.6.8 on two different computers.

In both instances, it brought up an update notification for Libraries and Boards. The Boards update was 43 megs! They all installed fine... but now, on BOTH computers, any time I try to UPLOAD a sketch to the Arduino, I get the following error message. This is regardless of which Arduino board I try! I have several.)

THEY ALL USED TO WORK!

This is not good! :(

Sketch uses 1,716 bytes (5%) of program storage space.
Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 181 bytes (8%) of dynamic memory,
 leaving 1,867 bytes for local variables. 
Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command
 line or the config file

Specify a programmer using the -c option and
 try again

I never made any changes to the programmer. In the drop-down menu, it is "AVRISP mkII". I tried several other settings (that seemed to make sense) but they all fail. The ONLY changes I made to these two different machines, was allowing the IDE to update those "Boards" and "Libraries". Both machines are XP.

Additional info: The "Boards" update was V1.6.14 I just "rolled back" to the previous version, 1.6.11 and everything is working again!! :)

This is a known issue:

Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.12 and 1.6.14 is incompatible with Arduino IDE 1.6.8 and previous. I have fixed this issue so the issue will not occur with future versions of Arduino AVR Boards.

Thank you for the update. :) I was a bit worried, until I remembered that I could just "roll back".

THANK YOU to all of the Arduino team for all that you do to make this whole thing work! :)