Rechargeable battery that can communicate between Nano and Android?

I am new to this forum so please excuse me, but I have a very specific problem I am needing some guidance in solving. I am developing a project that will need a rechargeable battery that can be plugged in to a micro USB cord (the one that is compatible with most cell phones), so that the "device" can recharge it's battery and also so that updates and communications can be made between the "device" and an android (or pc if necessary, but I am aiming for android specifically). From my research, I am thinking I am needing a lipo battery, but I need to make sure it has the micro usb female prong and that it will not only charge, but can also do data communication. Does anyone know how to accomplish this and if possible, provide links to the right products? Thank you in advance!!!

What "updates" do you want to send to the phone?

Look up USB pinouts.

The data transfer will not be to upload code to the phone, but will allow the "device" to download future updates/patches from the Android app to the "device". Which will allow the code stored in the arduino to be updated/expanded without physically taking apart the device myself to upload the new code to it.

I just looked up the USB pinouts, that is exactly the female jack I was looking for! Thank you for your help! Now to learn how to hook it up to a rechargeable battery! :)

SilverLight86: I just looked up the USB pinouts, that is exactly the female jack I was looking for! Thank you for your help! Now to learn how to hook it up to a rechargeable battery! :)

Generally those 'power bank' batteries come with a usb cable that carries power and ground only. No data.

So your 'smarts' will need to reside in the device, not the battery or connection.