rechargeable battery

hi
I am using ASM1117 regulator for charging a rechargeable battery(3.7v 290mah) my adapter is of 5v 2A
how can i know my battery is fully charged or how much time it will need for full charging?

vijay_45:
hi
I am using ASM1117 regulator for charging a rechargeable battery(3.7v 290mah) my adapter is of 5v 2A
how can i know my battery is fully charged or how much time it will need for full charging?

Your connecting a ASM1117 regulator to a Lithium Polymer battery (3.7v ?) to charge it ?

Based on the limited information you have provided so far, I would stop what you are doing immediatly, before the battery explodes.

More details are of course required.

You don't. You get yourself a proper Lithium charger before you burn your house down

vijay_45:
hi

When it comes to devices or items that contain significant amount of energy, chemicals, and things like that..... make sure to obtain details on how to use it. Otherwise, you could damage yourself, or somebody else, or even burn down a whole house.

For charging these batteries, you need to have a device that controls the level of current being transferred to it.

Your question should have been something like.... 'is it possible to use a XXXXX regulator to charge a 3.7V 290 mAH lithium ion rechargeable battery?'

Details of the battery please? If it is one of those containing a charger/control circuit, typically intended to be charged from USB then you should be o.k. The control circuit handles everything, just plug it in and leave it for a while.

OTOH if it is a bare lipo as often used in models then you're in trouble as already said.

Steve

Southpark:
Your question should have been something like.... 'is it possible to use a XXXXX regulator to charge a 3.7V 290 mAH lithium ion rechargeable battery?'

To which we respond:

slipstick:
If it is one of those containing a charger/control circuit, typically intended to be charged from USB then you should be o.k. The control circuit handles everything, just plug it in and leave it for a while.

There are batteries, Lithium Ion and Polymer, that that are fitted with internal circuits that are designed to reduce the risk of explosion due to abuse of the battery during charge and discharge. These circuits are not designed to be charge controllers.

You can get proper charge controllers that are designed to charge Lithium batteries from USB, they cost around 25p. You just need to change a resistor to select a suitable, and safe, charge current.