Recieving Bluetooth messages from android

Hello Everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but my searches came up with no relevant hits.

I'm trying to find code examples for the following.

I want the following to happen when my Android phone rings with an incoming call: 1) The android phone sends a BLE message to the Arduino BLE device that is registered on the phone. 2) If possible I want the details of the call, e.g. if the person is in the contact then their name should be sent to.

So a) how do I get android to send those details to an bluetooth enabled arduino device b) how do I then receive that data in variables on the arduino code thats running so that I can process it and perform logic with it :)

Thanks in advance for you time in helping me out. I have googled extensively and read about BLE and GATT and such, but I can't seem to find any code fragments on what I should be doing. Either on android (if any) or arduino.

3DFun: I want the following to happen when my Android phone rings with an incoming call: 1) The android phone sends a BLE message to the Arduino BLE device that is registered on the phone. 2) If possible I want the details of the call, e.g. if the person is in the contact then their name should be sent to.

a) how do I get android to send those details to an bluetooth enabled arduino device

Items 1,2 and a) are the same problem. You need to get or write an Android app. After you have sorted that, the Arduino problem might be relatively easy.

Nick_Pyner:

3DFun: I want the following to happen when my Android phone rings with an incoming call: 1) The android phone sends a BLE message to the Arduino BLE device that is registered on the phone. 2) If possible I want the details of the call, e.g. if the person is in the contact then their name should be sent to.

a) how do I get android to send those details to an bluetooth enabled arduino device

Items 1,2 and a) are the same problem. You need to get or write an Android app. After you have sorted that, the Arduino problem might be relatively easy.

Any sample code you can point me towards?

Hello,

I think what I am after is some GATT Client implementation. Does this exist in Arduino?